Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William E Anthony Jr
Dr. William E Anthony Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Gastonia, NC. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. William E Anthony Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. William E Anthony Jr has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 5
Good Doctor ,but ...
Self-verified patient of Dr. William E Anthony Jr - Posted on June 6th, 2011
Sometimes bedside manner can be a bit abrupt, but my biggest gripe is the wait time for an appointment, and the wait time once you get to your appointment. I have had to wait more than an hour because of the Pharmaceutical Reps that are entirely too comfortable coming in without making an appointment. Would not mind if it were a medical emegency that caused the wait, but time and again that has not been the case.
Self-verified patient of Dr. William E Anthony Jr - Posted on June 22nd, 2010
Dr. Anthony is one of the few doctors that I have ever trusted implicitly. He shows that he cares; he listens well, takes good history and notes, and is able to get through the appointment efficiently usually without overly rushing. He is always willing to work through a problem and try different options if necessary until the best solution is found. If you have trouble getting through on their phone line, I suggest going to the website and clicking on the "contact us" link and send them an email.
Self-verified patient of Dr. William E Anthony Jr - Posted on October 25th, 2009
Self-verified patient of Dr. William E Anthony Jr - Posted on August 22nd, 2009
Not this doctor
Self-verified patient of Dr. William E Anthony Jr - Posted on March 6th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2010, 2011, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
28 Years Experience
- East Carolina Univ
Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital
Dr. William E Anthony Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsANTHONY MEDICAL CLINIC, 311 W 3rd Ave, Gastonia, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William E Anthony Jr, MD - Family Medicine in Gastonia, NC, in this video.
Dr. William E Anthony Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Gastonia, NC.