Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William E Austin
Dr. William E Austin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winston Salem, NC. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Austin is affiliated with Novant Health Thomasville Medical Center and Novant Health Medical Park Hospital. Dr. Austin has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. William E Austin has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William E Austin has the following 37 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Diseases (GI Diseases)
- Colonic Polyps
- Colon Diseases (Sigmoid Diseases)
- Colon Diverticulum
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Digestive System Abnormalities
- Biliary Tract Diseases
- Colon Cancer
- Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Digestive Signs and Symptoms
- Colon Cancer (Sigmoid Neoplasms)
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Liver Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Clostridium Infections
- Barrett Esophagus
- Rectal Cancer
- Crohn's Disease
- Digestive System Diseases
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Colon Tumor (Adenomatous Polyps)
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. William E Austin - Posted on October 12th, 2017
On-Time Doctor Award (2018, 2016)
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2018)
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
Dr. Austin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. William E Austin Accepts the Following Insurance
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana North Carolina PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. William E Austin
Dr. Austin received his undergraduate degree from the University of Virginia and attended medical school at the Medical College of Virginia. His internship, residency and fellowship were completed at North Carolina Baptist Hospital. He has over 35 years of experience in private specialty practice. He is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology by the American Board of Internal Medicine. Affiliations include the American Society for Gastroenterological Endoscopy, the American College of Physicians, the North Carolina Society of Gastroenterology, the American College for Gastroenterology and the American Medical Association. Dr. Austin is accepting new patients.
Locations & DirectionsGASTROENTEROLOGY ASSOCIATES OF THE PIEDMONT, 1830 S Hawthorne Rd, Winston Salem, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William E Austin, MD - Gastroenterology in Winston Salem, NC, in this video.
Dr. William E Austin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Winston Salem, NC.