Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Obrien
Dr. William Obrien, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fort Myers, FL, with other offices in Bonita Springs, FL and Fort Myers, FL (and 6 other locations). He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Maternal and Fetal Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Obrien is affiliated with Cape Coral Hospital, Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida and Gulf Coast Medical Center. Dr. Obrien has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. William Obrien has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal and Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. William Obrien has the following 15 expertise
- Female Infertility
- Fetal Diseases
- Gynecologic disorders
- Hot Flashes
- Newborn Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Obstetric Labor Complications
- Ovariectomy (Ovary Removal)
- Pregnancy Complications, Cardiovascular
- Pregnancy Complications, Infectious
- Pregnancy in Diabetics
- Puerperal Disorders
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
- Uterine Cancer
Dr. William Obrien is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 7
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors ()
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2012, 2013)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Dr. Obrien is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Golisano Children's Hospital of Southwest Florida
Mercy Hospital - A campus of Plantation General Hospital
Charlotte Regional Medical Center
The Tampa General Hospital
Southwest Florida Regional Medical Center
HealthPark Medical Center-Lee Memorial
Lee Memorial Hospital-Healthpark
Peace River Regional Medical Center
Cape Coral Hospital
42 Years Experience
New York University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
United States Naval Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Obrien, MD - Maternal and Fetal Medicine in Fort Myers, FL, in this video.
Dr. William Obrien is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fort Myers, FL.