Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William G Black has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
If you want an uncaring unprofessional individual that doesn't listen to you, one who will make you feel ashamed and belittled, than he is the one to see. If you value being alive, especially during your pregnancy, find another doctor. Due to his misdiagnosis, my baby and I were very close to dying. Luckily, another OB on call at North Oaks Hospital correctly diagnosed me, thus saving mine and my child's lives.
He's not the doctor I usually see, but my doctor was out. I told him the symptons I was experiencing, but he wasn't listening. When I called to find out my results, the nurse was rude & had an attitude. She said he(Dr. Black) couldn't find anything wrong, so I opted for a 2nd opinion. I found out I had a fibroid on my uterus.
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
44 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1974
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. William G Black accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorth Oaks Ob/Gyn, 15748 Medical Arts Dr, Hammond, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William G Black in this video.
Dr. William G Black is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hammond, LA.