Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Gilhool
Dr. William Gilhool, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Philadelphia, PA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Gilhool is affiliated with Delaware County Memorial Hospital, Pennsylvania Hospital and Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Gilhool has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Gilhool is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
Mercy Hospital of Philadelphia
Medical CollegePennsylvania H
Crozer-Chester Medical Center-Springfield Division
Roxborough Memorial Hospital
Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital
Medical College/Pennsylvania H
Duke University Medical Center
45 Years Experience
Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Mercy Catholic Medical Center
Dr. William Gilhool accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLancaster Ave Health Care Center, 4148 Lancaster Ave, Philadelphia, PA
Dr. William Gilhool is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Philadelphia, PA.