Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William N Guddal has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Guddal has been my regular doctor for a few years now, ever since he absorbed the patient load from the osteopathic doctor who used to be in the Goleta office of Jackson Medical Group. Getting appointments with him is typically fairly easy to do. I usually have to wait a few minutes in the lobby and then a few minutes more in the examination room before I finally see him, but I don't think I have ever been in this office for more than an hour altogether. I have also left phone messages for him before and I always get a return phone call in the same day. I usually get the feeling that he is in a hurry, but I must say that if there is a point I really need him to hear or if I really need clarification about something, he will take the time to slow down and hear my concern or answer my question. If you are to see Dr. Guddal, my advice would be to write down any questions you have before going in, so that he doesn't slip away before you get those questions answered. Otherwise, he is a decent family doctor. One other gripe I might have about him is that he may not be accepting of new research. I had decided to follow a ketogenic diet to control prediabetes and lose weight. He said this was a diet that would not be good for me, in spite of the fact that I had read several articles touting the benefits of low carb diets in general, and their benefits for diabetics in particular. I disregarded his advice and I lost over 50 pounds while bringing all my blood test measurements back to normal levels, so hopefully I changed his mind about ketogenic diets, but that might be an indication that he can be stuck in his old fashioned ways sometimes.
45 Years Experience
Tufts University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. William N Guddal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJackson Medical Group, 5565 Carpinteria Ave Ste 4, Carpinteria, CA
Dr. William N Guddal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Carpinteria, CA.