Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Cragun
Dr. William Cragun, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Roanoke, VA, with other offices in Roanoke, VA and Roanoke, VA (and 1 other location). He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cragun is affiliated with Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital, Carilion Medical Center and Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. William Cragun has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Pancreas inflammation (Pancreatitis)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Cragun is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Carilion Roanoke Community Hospital
Carilion Medical Center
Carilion Giles Memorial Hospital
Carilion Franklin Memorial Hospital
Carilion Stonewall Jackson Hospital
Carilion New River Valley Medical Center
37 Years Experience
University of Southern California
Graduated in 1976
Dr. William Cragun accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William Cragun in this video.
Dr. William Cragun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.