Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William M Hohl
Dr. William M Hohl, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Hohl is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica and Saint John's Health Center. Dr. Hohl has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. William M Hohl has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. William M Hohl has the following 13 expertise
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Medicine
Dr. William M Hohl has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William M Hohl is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr. Hohl is the best hands down.His dad was a great Orthopedist and he learned from one of the best. His knowledge and patience in explaining complex procedures and breaking it down to where even the child having the surgery could understand depending on age of course. He will not recommend surgery if you don't need it. Many doctors today are all to eager to operate.
He was superior in the way he examined my shoulder and then explained my problem so clearly and respectful of me and kind about my fears. I have had my shoulder injected in the past and no one has come close to the near painless and expert way he did my injection. Itâs been 3 years since my arm has been able to move this well and build strength in a great physical therapist he recommended (she has her PhD in physical therapy, which was also amazing.) He is the best and he is surrounded by the best, as well.
When my daughter was 1 day old, our Pediatrician told us she heard and felt some looseness in her hips and she may have hip dysplasia. We were sent for x rays and referred to Dr. Hohl at his Cedars office. Being this was my first baby and not sure how this could effect her life, I was a WRECK. When we came for our first visit with Dr. Hohl, not only did he and his nurse, comfort my baby but also put my husband and I at ease. He was very patient with explaining and showing us how they measure the angles of the hips and where they should be and where our daughters were. He also explained how her hips are still very moldable and treating this now will mostly likely prevent any issues in the future. He gave us the "normal" timeline of how long she would need to where this strange looking velcro harness thing (called a Pavlik harness) and how if we followed it, she would be out of it in 6 weeks and would never remember she had to wear it. Well Dr. Hohl was right. She was able to stop wearing it at 6 weeks and we just had our 6 mt check up where they did another X ray and not only did her hips look great, she is ahead of her age for development. Guess that explains why she is already trying to crawl.... Dr. Hohl told us we wouldn't have to come back unless it was just to say hello. He genuinely loves his patients and wants to make sure they have the best care but more importantly understand the treatment they are getting. I am not wishing for any injuries but if we do, we will absolutely go back to Dr. Hohl. I can't speak high enough of him and his nurse.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Hohl is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1987
Brigham & Womens Hospital
Dr. William M Hohl accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsCedars Sinai Orthopaedic Center, 444 S San Vicente Blvd Ste 603, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. William M Hohl is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.