The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. William J Kurtz Jr has the following 2 specialties
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery
Trauma surgeons treat patients who come to emergency rooms and require surgery after any kind of accident. They know how to act quickly, assess the patient’s condition, and decide on a course of action. They work fast to coordinate with other physicians and specialists in the hospital if needed, such as neurosurgeons and radiologists, so they can properly diagnose the injury and stabilize patients.
Common trauma injuries include bleeding, burns, brain or other internal injuries, shock and loss of limbs. Because they treat patients in traumatic situations, they’re also typically skilled in offering some level of emotional support to help the patient cope with confusion and grief that may result from their accident.
Dr. William J Kurtz Jr has the following 14 expertise
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Hip Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Herniated Disc
- Bone Fracture
Dr. William J Kurtz Jr has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 9
Five months ago I was in a very serious car accident. Now, 4 1/2 months later I am walking, thanks to the ankle and hip operations performed by Dr Kurtz. There were others who stabilized me at the hospital and gave me physical therapy at the rehab center. I still am so gratefull to Dr Kurtz for his gentile and compasionate manner. He gave me instructions on what to do and not to do in my recovery at home. The happiest day was when he leaned over and told me I could go home. Life is almost back to normal.
Recently, I was an emergency admission with a fx femur after a fall. My designated MD had a full OR schedule so Dr. Kurtz stepped up to the plate & I couldn't be more satisfied. He took time to explain the situation in a calm, competent manner which put me @ ease. Surgically the result was excellent & I would recommend Dr. Kurtz to my closest friends.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
14 Years Experience
University Of North Dakota School Of Medicine And Health Sciences
Graduated in 2004
Dr. William J Kurtz Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAkron General Orthopedics, 224 W Exchange St Ste 440, Akron, OH
Dr. William J Kurtz Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.