Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William W King has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William W King has the following 13 expertise
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
Dr. William W King has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William W King is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I have tried for three days to get an appt after and Er visit. I cannot eat and cannot lay flat. Was told from ER I needed follow up visit wthin 24-48 hours. I called and they will not see me until the end of July. Not to mention PCP called over and they said I do not have a medical emergency. All I am saying is it hurts very badly. I am unable to eat or lay don flat but I am TOLD ITS FINE AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE SEEN RIGHT AWAY!!!!!! THEN WHEN I DO GO ITS WITH A PA
Please do not trust this man or his PA. I underwent treatment for a disorder that was treated with highly toxic medications. The treatment was suppose to last 24 weeks which turned into 48 weeks and ultimately ended with NO CURE! Never once did William King spend time with me. I never saw him throughout the entire debilitating treatment and follow up visits. His PA ran the show for him. The toxic medication destroyed my immune system and left me ruined. I am physically far worse off than before. I must see multiple specialist to evaluate the damages done. However, because of his notes I was denied my long term disability. He wrote " the patient will be OK in 8 weeks". My insurance company ran with that one. I can not work and have no income because of this man's lack of knowledge, lack of professionalism, and poor work ethics! Again, this man NEVER laid eyes on me. Never followed up. He only experimented with my life as though it meant nothing. This is real. Please do not trust him or his PA. In all fairness, the nurses and staff were wonderful.
Dr. King is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. William W King accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWilmington Gastroenterology, 5115 Oleander Dr, Wilmington, NC
Dr. William W King is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wilmington, NC.