The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. William P Lavietes
Dr. William P Lavietes, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Baltimore, MD, with another office in Westminster, MD. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Allergy and Immunology. Dr. Lavietes is affiliated with St Joseph Medical Center, Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore and University of Maryland St Joseph Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. William P Lavietes has the following 1 specialty
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
Dr. William P Lavietes has the following 16 expertise
- Food Allergies
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Hay Fever
- Watery Eyes
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
Dr. William P Lavietes has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 1 of 4
When I was searching for an allergist, the fact that Dr. Lavietes was a Top rated allergist who trained at Duke caught my attention. My visit from start to finish was great and I was thrilled with my choice. Dr. Lavietes took the time to listen to me and I left with the feeling that he cared about me as his patient and am hopeful that he is going to help manage my allergies and I can be sneeze-free :)
Dr. Lavietes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
The Brody School Of Medicine At East Carolina University
Graduated in 1987
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. William P Lavietes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William P Lavietes, MD - Allergy and Immunology in Baltimore, MD, in this video.
Dr. William P Lavietes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Baltimore, MD.