Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William Maxson
Dr. William Maxson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Des Moines, IA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Maxson is affiliated with Iowa Methodist Medical Center, Iowa Lutheran Hospital and Mercy Hospital Medical Center Dsm. He speaks English.
Dr. William Maxson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Hot Flashes
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Maxson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Iowa Methodist Medical Center
Iowa Lutheran Hospital
Mercy Hospital Medical Center Dsm
Mercy Med Ctr, Des Moines, Ia
Methodist West Hospital
Trinity Medical Center - 7th Street Campus
32 Years Experience
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. William Maxson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions1212 Pleasant St, Des Moines, IA
Dr. William Maxson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Des Moines, IA.