Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William I Michels III has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Adolescent Medicine
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Showing 4 of 4
I was affiliated with Dr. Michels because he was my brother's doctor and I was my brother caregiver. He was an excellent doctor and medical advisor. He was straightforward and didn't tell you what you wanted to hear, he told you the truth. Maybe this is why someone rated his bedside manners one star. Some people can't deal with the truth. However, he stayed on top of your healthcare. One of main reasons I care so much about Dr. Michels because he always had blood work done, which kept him on top of what was going on and if your lab results was irregular, he followed up until the problem was resolved. How many primary doctors order blood work each time you see them?? Even when a doctor prescribed medications that can cause other problems and you should have blood work done to prevent other complications; there are many doctors who don't care. All they want to do is listen to your heart and breathing, ask what problem you're experiencing, write you a prescription and leave. They've scheduled so many patients to see, where they can only spend 10 minutes with you. Dr. Michele wasn't like that at all. Now, if you needed to see others doctors regarding other matters and asked Dr. Michels to refer a doctor; his choices always turned out to be exceptional as well. From a neurologist to a podiatrist he had excellent referrals. I kept Dr. Michel my brother's doctor for 16 years and told him if he would leave the state, we would have to pack up and follow him. So if you're looking for a exceptional doctor who's going to be honest with you, tell you some things you may not want to hear but its the best for your health and situation, then go see Dr. Michele. One last thing, when he moved to another faculty who had their own staff, those staff members wasn't has good as the staff at his previous office. I wish he could have taken all of them with him: they were the best supporting people that worked with Dr. Michels.
Dr. William I Michels III accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOakwood Healthcare Center, 3133 S Telegraph Rd, Dearborn, MI
Dr. William I Michels III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dearborn, MI.