Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William F Owen Jr
Dr. William F Owen Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Francisco, CA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Owen is affiliated with California Pacific Medical Center - California Campus and California Pacific Medical Center - St Luke's Campus. Dr. Owen has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William F Owen Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William F Owen Jr has the following 10 expertise
- STD (Sexually Transmitted Diseases)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Weight Loss
- Hepatitis C
Dr. William F Owen Jr has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William F Owen Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
He will waste your time to come in to give you your lab results, even if the results are good, so he can charge a visitation fee. No other doctor ever did this to me before. He worries that if he gives the result over the phone, he can't bill you for it. I called my insurance company and they are totally OK with the doctor giving the results over the phone and billing a consultation or visitation fee.
I have been going to Dr. Owen's office for about three years. Because I have not had any serious medical problems, I have seen Carl Stein, rather than Dr. Owen. Carl has been an excellent provider. He listens carefully, explains things clearly, and answers all my questions. I like his caring manner, and he is very competent. I have only had good experiences with the office staff at Dr. Owen's office. I am very happy with Carl's care and with everyone in Dr. Owen's office.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Owen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Baystate Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWilliam Owen Md, 77 Van Ness Ave Ste 101, San Francisco, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William F Owen Jr in this video.
Dr. William F Owen Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Francisco, CA.