Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent
Facts about coronary artery angioplasty with stent, including who needs it, risks involved, and what type of doctors perform the procedure.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William C Robbins has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
Dr. William C Robbins has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Blood Clot
- Heart Failure
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Dr. William C Robbins has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Can to the hospital where my father was , did not read his chart told him nothing was wrong with him and discharged him. My dad is having surgery in 3 days because he is in AFIB also my dad had to receive 4 pints of blood from having a bleed out and Dr Robbins did not take that into consideration either. I would not recommend him to anyone unless you want to die! Awful Dr!!
34 Years Experience
Emory University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Florida Health
Dr. William C Robbins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. William C Robbins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Huntsville, AL.