Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William J Sarantos
Dr. William J Sarantos, MD is a Doctor primarily located in River Forest, IL. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Sarantos is affiliated with Shriners Hospital-Chicago, Mercy Hospital & Medical Center and Loretto Hospital. Dr. Sarantos has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. William J Sarantos has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William J Sarantos has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. William J Sarantos has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 29
Doc has been my doctor since I was little even though I have moved out to Indiana I still make my appointments with him and travel back and forth he assisted my dad when he was diagnosed with Colon cancer and my dad has been cancer free for several years now. I wish there was more than one Doc Sarantos.
Very rude. Has attitude. Do not like going but no choice on doctor. Everything is really old looking the equipment he uses is from the 1930's. I dread having to go see him. I waited almost an hour if not an hour the first time i went there
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sarantos is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. William J Sarantos accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRiver Forest Medical Associates, 7353 North Ave, River Forest, IL
Dr. William J Sarantos is similar to the following 3 Doctors near River Forest, IL.