Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. William M Steck has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. William M Steck has the following 12 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Hot Flashes
- Breast Exam
Dr. William M Steck has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 29
I have to say I have nothing but good things to say about Doctor Steck, from day one he was on point, yes the wait time is a little long but I had to realize its because he ask questions he give you a chance to explain everything that's going on with you, and he will answer any and all of your questions and take the time out to explain anything you don't understand, and to me its worth the wait, I would rather have a Doctor like that then a Doctor who rushes you out because he have to hurry to the next patient. and I have never had a problem with the staff, they are human just as we have our good days and bad days so do they, but so Far I have never had a problem.I would not trade him for another Doctor unless I had too...I guess its nice to see what people have gone threw but to me I think you would have to judge for yourself..
Dr. Steck is a good doctor. But it is definately time he considers retiring. The wait time is RIDICULOUS. The average wait is 3-4 hours! with an appointment. His staff is very unprofessional. The tables in the room are turned towards the door.. so when you are having your exam, his staff comes in and out with questions! Extremely embarassing. Dr. Steck spends too much time on his Laptop computer writing notes. You can hear them talking about lunch etc. while you are waiting in the room for over 2 hours.
I had appointment today at 9:00am and i didn't see the doctor until 11:20am!! I was upset because i had left work for a couple of hours to get my pap smear.The dr took way too long to see me so i kept asking his secretary what was going on.She kept giving me the run around making excuses for him.Once in the office,he was very rude asking me what seems to be the rush Ms Murphy? and that that's how it is when you are a Medicaid patient.That was so uncalled for,not to mention the fact that when he performed the pap smear it was very painful,which is so unlike him but i believe this time he hurt me while doing the procedure in purpose because to his understanding i was "rushing him".But im not gonna let this go.I will call my insurance and report his descriminatory behavior against medicaid patients.PLEASE,TO ALL THE WOMEN OUT THERE,DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR,HE WILL HUMILLIATE U AND HURT U WHEN PERFORMING THE PAP SMEAR!!!!
Dr. Steck is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. William M Steck accepts the following insurance providers.
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
Locations & DirectionsSouth Orange Womens Care, 737 Northfield Ave, West Orange, NJ
Dr. William M Steck is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Orange, NJ.