Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. William M Sugarmann has the following 1 specialty
Dr. William M Sugarmann has the following 8 expertise
- Breast Cancer
- Inguinal Hernia
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Galbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy)
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. William M Sugarmann has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. William M Sugarmann is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 40
I recently had gallbladder surgery to remove my gallbladder along with gall stones. Dr. Sugarmann and his staff expertly explained the process, allayed any fears I had and prepared me as well as one can be prepared prior to surgery. The surgery went flawlessly and I received follow up care to ensure my recovery.
Dr. Sugarmann took care of three procedures for me--a colon resection, a gallbladder removal and an incisional hernia repair. He took good care of me! It was easy to schedule the surgery for a time that worked well for me (two days before Thanksgiving) and he was thorough and cautious with all of my pre-op needs. He came by every morning while I was in the hospital and answered every question without making me feel rushed. I told him that if my appendix ever bursts, I know who to call!
I was referred to Dr. Sugarmann by my gastroenterologist. He could not have sent me to a better surgeon. Dr. Sugarmann was friendly and professional, and he answered my questions and concerns, explaining in detail, my scheduled surgery. I had a right hemicolectomy done two weeks ago. Dr. Sugarmann checked on me every day during my hospital stay, assuring me things were "on track" and he always made me feel better, even on my bad days.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Top 10 Doctor - State (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2014)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2014)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
26 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Morristown Medical Center
Dr. William M Sugarmann accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSurgical Associates Central NJ, 30 Rehill Ave Ste 3300, Somerville, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William M Sugarmann, MD - Surgery in Somerville, NJ, in this video.
Dr. William M Sugarmann is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Somerville, NJ.