Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. William F Vorder Bruegge
Dr. William F Vorder Bruegge, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fayetteville, NC. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Vorder Bruegge is affiliated with Cape Fear Valley Medical Center. Dr. Vorder Bruegge has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. William F Vorder Bruegge has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. William F Vorder Bruegge has the following 12 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Celiac Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Colon Cancer
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 1 of 12
Self-verified patient of Dr. William F Vorder Bruegge - Posted on May 12th, 2008
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017, 2018, 2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Vorder Bruegge is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Dr. William F Vorder Bruegge accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. William F Vorder Bruegge
William F. Vorder Bruegge, M.D., received his M.D. degree from the university of Virginia in 1981. He completed Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology training at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. Dr. Vorder Bruegge is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He was Chief of Womack Army Medical Centers Gastroenterology Service before joining Fayetteville Gastroenterology Associates in 1995. He is a member of the American college of Physicians, American College of Gastroenterology , North Carolina Medical Society and Cumberland county Medical Society. Dr. Vorder Bruegge is presently serving as Chief of Medicine at Cape Fear Valley Medical Center. He is married to Julia E. Little, M.D. and has 4 daughters, Martha, Eugenie Reba, Ruth and Mary Beth.
Locations & DirectionsFAYETTEVILLE GASTROENTEROLOGY, 2041 Valleygate Dr Ste 101, Fayetteville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. William F Vorder Bruegge, MD - Gastroenterology in Fayetteville, NC, in this video.
Dr. William F Vorder Bruegge is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Fayetteville, NC.