Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Winkler G Weinberg has the following 2 specialties
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Winkler G Weinberg has the following 8 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV/AIDS)
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
Dr. Winkler G Weinberg has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Winkler G Weinberg is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Weinberg saw me through strep infections that my surgeon said was caused by the colon cancer allowing the strep germs in my colon to enter and spread into my bloodstream. The strep germs in my blood set up in my heart (endocarditis) and my lower back discs (discitis). Dr. Weinberg treated me at Northside Hospital and was an indispensible player in the team that saved my life and made me functional again. Thank you Dr. Weinberg!
41 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsKaiser Permanente Cumberland Medical Center, 2525 Cumberland Pkwy SE, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Winkler G Weinberg in this video.
Dr. Winkler G Weinberg is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.