Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Xun C Zhou has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Xun C Zhou has the following 9 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- Uterine Cancer
- Hysterectomy (Uterus)
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Ovarian Cancer
Dr. Xun C Zhou has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Xun C Zhou is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
I would highly recommend Dr. Zhou. She is a talented and trustworthy doctor who is also personable, friendly, and caring. She performed my TAH-SBO on August 15, 2017. She spent a lot of time during pre/post-op visits discussing my issue and the recommended procedure. She took the time to answer all of my questions as well as checking on my emotional well-being; I never felt rushed. Dr. Zhou has been a blessing to me and my family. She is both a highly skilled surgeon and a wonderful person.
Having been Dr. Zhou's patient for 5 years, I will gladly say she not only is an outstanding clinician but also is a sweet and gentle doctor with a warm smile and a genuine laugh to go with her sense of humor. She never hurries me out, taking all the time I need for my questions. She is compassionate, delivering bad news deftly but will give you a straight answer if you need one. Her APRN is thorough and keeps Dr. Zhou involved at all levels.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
17 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 2001
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHartford Healthcare Medical Group, 183 N Mountain Rd, New Britain, CT
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Xun C Zhou in this video.
Dr. Xun C Zhou is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Britain, CT.