Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Yaroslav A Gofnung
Dr. Yaroslav A Gofnung, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Westlake Village, CA. His specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Gofnung is affiliated with Encino Hospital Medical Center. Dr. Gofnung has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Yaroslav A Gofnung has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Yaroslav A Gofnung has the following 22 expertise
- Lipid Disorders
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Pacemaker Implantation
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Gland Issues
- Cholesterol Management
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Endocrine Surgical Procedures (Endocrine Surgery)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
Dr. Yaroslav A Gofnung has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 20
I have found Dr. Gofnung to be excellent. On the first visit, he told me about an adjustment to my pump, that helped regulate my blood sugars more effectively. I had gone to another doctor for TEN years, and he never shared any information like this, or any other info that really was instructional and/or helpful to controlling my diabetes. He is caring, easy to get a long with, and has helped me tremendously. I would give him FIVE stars, with the exception that I have to wait for awhile to see him -- but then again, they say that anything worthwhile is worth waiting for -- I would say this applies here.
I've been a patient of Dr. Gofnung since 2009. His diagnosis were right on the nose and I highly trust him. His recommendations were exceptional and I have no regrets. My only concern was his lack of attention on my follow ups. But since it's my body, and it's my responsibility, I can't hold it against him. I would recommend him for your all your Thyroid issues.
I have been a patient of Dr. Gofnung several times in the past, and once recently. He is young, bright, quick and articulates/communicates well enough to leave nothing unanswered. He is genuinely interested in what you have to say and making your visit count. I am impressed and would recommend him to any and all who go the length to seek out references.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Gofnung is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Keck School Of Medicine Of The University Of Southern California
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Yaroslav A Gofnung accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUcla Health System Westlake Village Medical Specialties, 1250 La Venta Dr Ste 207, Westlake Village, CA
Dr. Yaroslav A Gofnung is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Westlake Village, CA.