Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yi J Zhang has the following 2 specialties
- Neurological Surgery
A neurological surgeon is a physician who surgically treats disorders of the nervous system, which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves.
In addition to treating trauma of the head and spine, these doctors also treat disorders like epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
Neurological surgeons can perform surgical procedures on the brain, such as stereotactic surgery, microsurgery, endoscopic surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and endovascular image guided methods.
Neuroradiologists focus specifically on diagnosing conditions related to the nervous system, spine, head and neck through radiology. They can identify abnormalities in these areas and help doctors properly diagnose the presence of tumors, aneurysms and even dementia.
It’s also common for them to consult with patients with persistent headaches or back pains, trauma to a certain area, or any issue that can affect brain function, such as a stroke. Like any radiologist, they are trained to perform x-rays, cat scans, ultrasounds and MRIs, but they work closely with neurologists and neurosurgeons.
Dr. Yi J Zhang has the following 21 expertise
- Pituitary Gland Cancer
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Brain Cancer
- Spinal Cord Cancer
- Facial Nerve Pain (Trigeminal Neuralgia)
- Back Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Brain Tumor
- Brain Injuries
- Neurosurgical Procedures
- Brain Surgery
- Brain Cancer (Meningioma)
- Auditory Tumor (Acoustic Neuroma)
Dr. Yi J Zhang has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Yi J Zhang is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
My daughter had to see Dr. Zhang due to us finding out that she had a brain aneurysm. We found out 1 day and the same day she was admitted to hospital. Dr. Zhang was more interested in research than my child and that was disheartening. I believe God allows things for a reason and I believe Dr. Zhang has served his purpose in our lives but it's now time to move on. We have contacted his office on several occasions due to complications my daughter has had and as of this date we have not received one phone call from them. It's not as if we left messages and they weren't received we spoke directly to office staff. It's been almost 2 months and nothing. In addition, when my daughter was released from the hospital she was released without much needed medication that we found out later she was supposed to have. This happened 2 times. I don't understand what's happening but I'm trusting God to lead us elsewhere. Just want others to be informed; however, I know one bad experience for one individual doesn't mean bad experiences for all.
VP shunt surgery was performed on my daughter and we can never get an appointment for a follow up. His office states she needs a new CT scan of the head but they won't order it, they say get here primary care DR. to order it. Primary care won't order it because they don't need it for their treatment. I am finding another neurosurgeon for her continued care.
20 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
Dr. Yi J Zhang accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMethodist Neurosurgery And Spine Associates, 6560 Fannin St Ste 900, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Yi J Zhang in this video.
Dr. Yi J Zhang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.