Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yolanda C Holmes has the following 1 specialty
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
During my appointment with Dr Holmes, she didn't listen to me explain what my skin issues was before she cut me off and wrote me a prescription and left the office to see the next customer. I still have my skin problem and seeking another doctor. When I mentioned her name to a colleague she told me that I was fortunate to have met Dr Holmes on her first appointment Dr Holmes was too busy to see her. And she never went back.
Dr Holmes and one PA are okay. I have had no problems with them. The other PAs does not seem very attentive and knowledgeable. You can request to see certain staff to avoid the unhelpful PA. Wait times vary so much. Sometimes it is 10 15 minutes, other times it is much longer. I have been going here for over 5 years now and always request to see Dr. Holmes or the PA who is helpful. Not sure about the cosmetic procedures such as microdermabrasion etc since I have only gone in for medical treatments for eczema, rosacea and testing if moles are cancerous.
Dr. Holmes is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Howard University College Of Medicine
Howard University Hospital
Dr. Yolanda C Holmes accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWashington Dc Dermatology, 1634 I St NW Ste 402, Washington, DC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Yolanda C Holmes in this video.
Dr. Yolanda C Holmes is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.