Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Yolanda G Reid has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Yolanda G Reid has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Yolanda G Reid is Board Certified in 1 specialty
Showing 5 of 18
I hate to give this doctor a star. She is not knowledgeable, is not prompt with returning phone calls, and cares little about her patients. It is a means to an end and is the worst doctor that I have ever been to. My Mother was under her care in conjunction with an Assisted Living place in the area.
I have been with Dr. Reid since she arrived in Stafford and have told everyone about how much I loved her....and I emphasize the past tense. Although I brought my family to her and friends, I am done with her. In the last four months, she misdiagnosed me three times, leading to amazing suffering for me. She told me I didn't have two things that my test results said I did. Two months later, I had to nearly have emergency surgery (I was able to schedule it in time)and another specialist says I'll need surgery for my number two ailment. Still wanting to believe in her, I just went to her regarding an accident. She mishandled the whole thing and left me suffering for weeks. The doctor I just went to, who healed me immediately, could not believe that dr. Reid made me go on so long suffering. I don't know what happened to her--maybe she's gotten too busy, but I no longer trust her or feel that my health is important to her. Btw, her nurse,Daniel, never smiles or exibits any warmth at all. She always has made me feel like I'm intruding in her day.
I would definitely recommend this doctor. She strikes me as very educated, caring, and completely professional. The only downfall is the front desk staff. I stood at the desk twenty minutes to get checked in. Also,the patient privacy act is violated as I could see everyone's names that checked in that day. All in all though, I feel Dr. Reid is worth the small aggravation and wait time.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
21 Years Experience
Howard University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Yolanda G Reid accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Yolanda G Reid in this video.
Dr. Yolanda G Reid is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stafford, VA.