Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- Obesity Facts about obesity, including causes, risks & doctors who treat it.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Youssef M Al-Saghir
Dr. Youssef M Al-Saghir, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fleming Island, FL, with other offices in Jacksonville, FL and Palatka, FL (and 7 other locations). His specialties include Cardiology and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Al-Saghir is affiliated with Memorial Hospital Jacksonville and Baptist Medical Center Beaches. Dr. Al-Saghir has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Youssef M Al-Saghir has the following 2 specialties
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.
A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Youssef M Al-Saghir has the following 5 expertise
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 5 of 9
Dr.. Al-saghir is a very compassionate and caring doctor. He has treated me and my family for years. He truly tries to get to the root of the problem instead of just depending on the text book answer. He also includes his vast experience in his decision making. My family and I truly appreciate Dr. Al-saghir.
Dr. Al-Seghir diagnosed and treated my heart condition when the cardiologists I had previously seen basically offered no diagnosis or solution. He definitely cares about his patients and the staff is friendly. I like that I can have many of my tests right in the office. Sometimes the wait is a little long if he has had an emergency or became tied up at the hospital- but the wait is worth it. Dr. Al-Seghir recalls the details about my case and other conditions I have and checks on my over all well being as well as dealing with my cardiovascular condition. I highly recommend him as well as the PA.
Patients' Choice Award (2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Al-Saghir is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Youssef M Al-Saghir accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- AvMed Empower
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Youssef M Al-Saghir is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fleming Island, FL.