More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Zia Farooki
Dr. Zia Farooki, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Detroit, MI, with another office in Columbus, OH. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Pediatric Cardiology. Dr. Farooki is affiliated with Nationwide Childrens Hospital, St. John Hospital & Medical Center and St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Oakland Center). He speaks English.
Dr. Zia Farooki has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Farooki is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Nationwide Childrens Hospital
St. John Hospital & Medical Center
St. John Macomb-Oakland Hospital (Oakland Center)
Providence Hospital and Medical Center
St. John River District Hospital
St John Macomb Hospital
48 Years Experience
King Edward Medical University
Graduated in 1965
Dr. Zia Farooki accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Zia Farooki in this video.
Dr. Zia Farooki is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Detroit, MI.