Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Zineb Aouhab has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Zineb Aouhab has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Zineb Aouhab is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zineb Aouhab - Posted on September 28th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zineb Aouhab - Posted on August 1st, 2016
Insensitive & Incompetent
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zineb Aouhab - Posted on July 27th, 2015
She is insensitive, inefficient and a total waste of time. I told her I had a miscarriage. For reasons I still cannot understand, she asked me if I had had an abortion. THREE TIMES. I don't know what it was about my response that made her need to confirm it three times, and three times refer to one of the most painful periods of my life. She did the same thing with scabs I had all over my body. I am immunocompromised and on prednisone. She asked me if I was "a picker". I told her - no, my skin in fragile, and these scabs keep flaking off, but leaving behind open wounds and turning into larger scabs. It was apparent she did not believe me. Turns out, I had over 100 bed bug bites, thanks to my landlord rehabbing an apartment and leaving the hallway littered with the debris, and spreading the bed bugs throughout the building. She's useless. If she isn't willing to hear her patients and believe what they say, there is no hope of getting better through her.
Cook County Hospital
Dr. Zineb Aouhab accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Zineb Aouhab is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chicago, IL.