Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Zohair Abbas MD
Dr. Zohair Abbas, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Zohair Abbas has 2 locations
13325 Hargrave Rd Ste 250
Houston, TX 77070
13325 Hargrave Rd Ste 230B
Houston, TX 77070
Book Online Now
Dr. Zohair Abbas has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Zohair Abbas has the following 10 expertise
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Weight Loss
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Dr. Zohair Abbas is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
There truly is no doctor to care for your or your loved one.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Zohair Abbas - Posted on September 1st, 2016
Dr Abbas is very thorough in his examination and takes notes about each observation he makes. On my wife's follow-up visit he referred to his notes to carefully assess the effectiveness of the treatment he prescribed. I found it especially satisfying how he read her face, body language and her ability to grip in order to record accurate scores to the best of his ability. He very well spoken, listens carefully, answers all of our questions. It is clear I could not have found a better doctor. You will see most if not all people give him a 5 out of 5 on every aspect of him, his care, effectiveness, compassion, staff. Last week was my wife's second visit to him and the followup was meticulously executed to accurately assess and in great detail how the medication is working. I am telling you that we are rating him 5 out of 5 but it is simply the truth. How rare it is to feel that way about anything.
Dr. Zohair Abbas Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Zohair Abbas is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Houston, TX.