Surgical Specialist
1080 Kirts Blvd
Ste 700
Troy, MI 48084
248-269-9300
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Terrible Doctor  |  show details
by Upset New Patient on Aug 16th, 2014

I was very disappointed with this doctor. He spoke as a used car salesman. I had no confidence in what he tried to sale regarding plastic surgery for reconstruction surgery. This doctor gave more attention to my daughter than myself as the patient. I left there disappointed and sad.

|  Best Doctor Ever!  |  show details
by Joanne on Oct 18th, 2013

Dr. Gavagan is an excellent doctor! He is kind and compassionate and made me feel completely at ease from my first appointment. He has a terrific bedside manner and never made me feel like he was in a hurry to move on to he next patient. I had numerous follow-up appointments and most of the time the wait was very brief, but this doctor is worth any wait! Dr. Gavagan performed an abdominoplasty following a hysterectomy by my gynocologist and I could not be happier with my results. Dr. Gavagan is very good at what he does, and I would highly recommend him. Choosing Dr. Gavagan was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

|  Forever and Ever OUR DOCTOR  |  show details
by Dorice Dunn on Mar 2nd, 2013

What an AMAZING SURGEON. Our family had the pleasure of having our second experiece with Dr. Gavagan just 2 days ago when my sisters general surgeon Dr. Benitez performed a bilateral mastectomy and he followed with the initial reconstruction/tissue expander surgery. Her surgery was very successful many thanks to Dr. Benitez and Dr. Gavagan. I was there when he came in to see her the following morning to follow up and discharge her. His bedside manner was superb. My sister is confident her further care for the next 6-9 month with Dr, Gavagan will be positive and successful. Our first experience was almost 3 weeks ago when we were referred to him for the pre-op consultation. Having never met him we were a little leary of the unknown. What a relief. He was PROFESSIONAL, COMPASSIONATE, CARING and VERY ATTENTIVE. He was courteous in asking if she was comfortable in having a Resident Doctor observe before ever allowing him to enter the room, also repecting her privacy asking if she was comfortable with family staying in the room before starting her physical exam. He was very informative and thorough in explaning in layman terms for all to understand, also extremly patient is listening and answering ALL of our questions. As a medical professional myself I am very peticular and difficult to please. I can honestly tell you I would definatlely use Dr. Gavagan for any procedures or surgeries if ever needed. We highly recommend Dr. Gavagan to any patient.

|  Horrible  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2012

This doctor does not want to help his patients, but he will gladly take your money. No emotions at all. He does not care about you. Doctors are suppose to help and heal and he does not do either. His staff is just as bad!!!!!! Patients be very careful. Please choose a different doctor!!!

Aug 9th, 2012

Do not recomend. The doctor was good but office staff horrible. The nurse does not care. No emotion at all

|  Awsome!!!  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

Clearly one of the nicest, curteous,compassionate and knowlegable Dr.'s I have ever met. He is very clear in explanation of treatment and what to expect. I feel blessed to have found him!!!

Sep 8th, 2011

I had abdominoplasty done by Dr. Gavagan and I would highly recommend him to anyone. He did an absolutely amazing job and is such a perfectionist. I couldn't be happier!!

|  Excellent care  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2011

My son has been under Dr. Gavagan's care several time over the past 11 years for wound care. We have had numerous dealings with the good doc. over those years and I would never think of using the services of any other doctor for my son's wound treatment. I think so highly of Dr. Gavagan that is/when I have plastic surgery I am going to go to him. In my opinion he's the best.

|  Exceptional 4 star Surgeon  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Gavagan to anyone. He is compassionate, caring & relateable to me as well as to my 16 year old son. Explained every detail of what would be happening and answered all questions in a professional manner & in a way lay-people, including children & teenagers, could easily grasp. He well remembered us (didn't just act as though he knew us) on the day of surgery even after a few weeks has passed since the office visit. My son would gladly return to him if he ever has the need for a plastic surgeon in the future.

|  Honest Doctor!  |  show details
Oct 28th, 2010

Dr. Gavagan is a very honest Doctor. I trust his opinion and he does great work.

by Shirley Tate on Apr 19th, 2009

Dr Gavagan has an easy, professional manner. I have been his patient for an infected wound on my leg. He is results oriented and has the knowledge and skills to make a significant difference!