Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
My Experience with Dr. Lombardo show details My Experience with Dr. Lombardo
by William P. on Sep 29th, 2016

First I would like to say that Dr. Lombardo is a great surgeon. He has done both my knees and most recently my shoulder. He also has an excellent PA. There are also some outstanding personnel. This is were the praise stops, some of the office staff is good and others terrible. They do not return phone calls and pretty much leave you out to dry. The patient advocate is condescending, arrogant and rude. She does not return calls in a timely matter and does not correct problems. I've waited up to 5 days for any response from her multiple times. I tried to report her to her boss Kris Jones and have received zero response. I also reached out to the president of the company Chris Romandetti via email that does not work and calling his office and received zero response. The way the company handles short term disability claims and their lack of policies and procedures make for a very frustrating and stressful experience. I could go on and on with specific examples, but just want to say that I will never use Dr. Lombardo again or recommend him to my family or friends. Like I mentioned before Dr. Lombardo is a very good surgeon, but his office staff (not all) needs training desperately on how to handle patient issue especially disability claims.

2 knee replacements show details 2 knee replacements
by MAC on Sep 20th, 2016

I love Dr. Lombardo and recommend him to everyone who ask where did you get your knees done. Mind you it is busy in his office at times. They did change over to a new system who through it all off for a few weeks. He did my first surgery on left knee in 2012 and did my right knee 2013. He still saw me after my husband lost job and insurance and fixed a problem I had not from his surgery but because my insurance would only cover 3 PT visits then we had no insurance. He is awesome man and truly loves his patients. My husband also had shoulder surgery with him and no complaints. As I type my son is being seen by sports medicine today for his knee injury if they say surgery it will be Lombardo I pick for my 16 yr. old no one else. He gave me my life back I can now take my grandbabies to Disney again and walk for hours. I highly recommend him.

Patient show details Patient
by Judith Sparkman on Sep 14th, 2016

Dr. Lombardo was very friendly on my first visit even though I was nervous he was patient and listened to all of my worries about my knee pain. Explained all procedures in detail. After surgery he explained how to care for the knees until the first post office visit.

Follow Up show details Follow Up
by Cathy on Jun 17th, 2016

I had a knee replacement and tried Six times to call his office for out patient therapy no one has returned my calls! Terrible on follow ups Iam so angry over this...Bottom line very bad at follow up, there is none 😥

Mar 30th, 2016

I truly hope who has written bad reviews on Dr.Lombardo is telling the truth. Also, they did their rehab to the fullest. You are destroying a good man's reputation. Of course we all want to hear how everybody's surgery turned out, but , we want the truth. I found him to be very accurate with my diagnosis, and even found other things wrong that most doctors' didn't find. He even found what was wrong with my nerves in my leg, and gave me a great prescription to resolve the problem. No, it wasn't pain medication. Now, after reading the reviews , there is doubt in my mind , and to others'. I will continue to be in pain, and wait to have my surgery, because some have written lately a bad review on him. I am beginning to think someone is mad, and out to destroy his reputation . Well, hope you are happy and telling the truth. Only you and God knows the real truth. I continue to hear great things about him thought Doctors and other people who has had surgeries.. Please continue to write reviews, especially if you have had surgery.

Beware! show details Beware!
Mar 2nd, 2016

If you want to be crippled for the rest of your life, by all means go to see Dr. Lombardo if you need a hip replacement. He pounded the post into my leg & got it out of alignment with the rest of my leg. My knee is now 40% out of alignment, I guess that way he thought he would be able to give me a knee replacement later. As far as a person, he is wonderful, kind, funny & I really liked the guy until after surgery!!! I now have to go & have another surgery by a different Dr. of course...and this one will be horrible, risky, 4 hrs. long & I may not be able to walk again. I implore you not to go to Dr. Lombardo if you need any kind of surgery!!!!!!!

by Frank on Sep 22nd, 2015

Performed both knee replacements 1 yr apart excellent outcome.

Total Right Hip Replacement show details Total Right Hip Replacement
Apr 23rd, 2015

I found Doc to be fun to talk with and easy to understand. Hip Replacement

Never Again show details Never Again
Feb 6th, 2014

I am 70 years old and this is the first operation I have had that left me worse off than before the operation. I am in good health and was a avid exerciser before my operations. I am now using a cane and a leg brace and this should not be. Is Dr. Lombardo incompetent, did he have a bad surgery day-I don't know. all I know is that I am so sorry I even the operation.

Very nice Doctor but of 2 out of 3 Surgeries were badly botched show details Very nice Doctor but of 2 out of 3 Surgeries were badly botched
Dec 19th, 2013

Five years ago I had to have both of my hips replaced.I had heavily researched everything on the subject, especially as I was not yet 50 and I was looking for non-surgical intervention. But replacement was my only option so I researched surgeons and met with many of them. Dr Lombardo was highly recommended by several people in my workplace, getting one fellow back on his racing motorcycle within 4 months. At my appointment I found him to be all the things the good reviews mentioned, an easy manner, he paid attention to my worries, spent time in explanations etc. But the results of the surgery were another matter and now , almost 5 years later, I face the very real prospect of having one of my hips redone because the insertion was done incorrectly ( verified by 3 doctors so far). But 2.5 years later I went back to Dr Lombardo because of a very sore right shoulder, he had diagnosed the continuing hip pain as bursitis and arthritis. I was told I had a torn rotator cuff along with a number of spurs. In the months after my surgery I faithfully went to PT and did all my at home therapies. Last winter, with the pain in my shoulder, which had never gone completely away, increasing to the point of causing of a severe disability, I started the orthopedic surgeon rounds again. Now, I have just finished 6 weeks of having my arm totally strapped to my body unable to use it 24/7. I am looking at a long recovery with Physical therapy 2x a week, at home exercises 4-5 x per week. And hopefully sometime in the future I will have a relatively pain free life that will allow me to take up again all those activities I have had to put on hold.. No, I cannot recommend DR Lombardo . He is a very nice person, the office is nice , the staff is nice but having to have the same surgery done again is truly a terrible experience...

The best surgeon, and great bed side manner show details The best surgeon, and great bed side manner
by Elizabeth thoms on Nov 19th, 2013

He did a total knee replacement, great results. Great office staff, assistants, and rehab. Follow up. Recommended surgery after I had had a bad experience with my other knee at a different location. Gave me conference in him and my ability to have a good experience in surgery recovery.. Was a great experience if a knee replacement can have one..highly recommend..

by Kathy DeVercelly on Oct 3rd, 2013

Dr. Lombardo operated on my knee after another doctor did surgery and I couldn't even put weight on it. Dr. Lombardo had me walking. I could have lost my legs in the accident and my quality of life was compromised since walking was an issue. I can't thank him enough. After another accident I require his services again. I know he can give me some independence back where I can walk without devices. Best Doctor, so easy to talk to, explains everything, and actually cares.

Excellent doctor & a great man as well! show details Excellent doctor & a great man as well!
Oct 23rd, 2012

There are many orthopedic doctors in Brevard county & DR. Lombardo is the very best one w/ out a doubt. He is very sports oriented & thus has a great deal of knowledge & understanding to have a knee, shoulder, or arm problem, & he has done surgery & completed a very hard surgery on my shoulder, & I would have had no one else do it, I was in bad shape after the surgery but w/ his help & therapy, I was back to myself & surfing in just three months. He's been able to mend my broken arm that was a complete mess from a skating accident. He has also fixed & saved my hand one time, from being out of town & having no choice seen other orthopedic doctors, & when I got home & had a visit w/ him, he was like what the he'll have they been doing to your broken hand, so luckily I got to him @ the last moment where he was able to re break it, & mend it w/ a very small devise & not some big cast. I'm currently in need of his services & cannot seem to find out where he's working currently, my knee has giving out on me, & I trust no one else but him to see to it. He truly is an great guy, being I'm very much into sports, it good to have a doctor that feels & understands me on that issue, & thus if anyone can update where he's working currently, thanks. DONT LEAVE US DR LOMBARDO, your one of the best!

THE BEST! show details THE BEST!
Jun 11th, 2012

he is the best ortho surgeon ever...cannot stress it enough!

Great Doc, Nice Human Being show details Great Doc, Nice Human Being
Apr 24th, 2012

Dr Lombardo replaced both my knees (not at the same time) in 2008. I highly recommend him. He is a gifted ortho surgeon and a very nice person. Hard to find both in a lot of docs; and this review is from a RN of 27 years. Trust me, we are difficult patients. Just ask the nurses at Palm Bay Hospital. They were not the most caring bunch I have ever had.

Dian show details Dian
Mar 15th, 2012

Dr. Lombard replaced both of my knees. Because my initial experience was so positive I was not afraid to have the second knee replaced. His staff always returned my calls and were usually ahead of my request. Handling of my case was organized and proactive. Even if it took after hours to get to one request they never failed to repond no matter how late they had to work. Wish all my experiences were as positive.

Wonderful, brillant, very personable doctor show details Wonderful, brillant, very personable doctor
Feb 10th, 2012

The best doctor I have ever had. I'm 58 so have had many in my lifetime. He has helped our family with many issues. I had knee surgery with excellent results. Even got to snow ski with a brace. A relative with a different surgeon was not so lucky. I highly recommend Dr. Lombardo to any and everyone.

Ron Tinkham show details Ron Tinkham
Dec 28th, 2011

Great experience when you consider you have surgery. Dr. Lombardo was excellent in all areas of concern, diagnosis, and procedure. He is very professional, knowledgable, efficient, and caring. I have never had surgery and Dr. Lombardo made it seem very easy and effective. I was very impressed and thank all of his staff as well for their swift action to assist me and make my experience as painless as possible. I hope there are more doctors like him. Thank you.

Only Orthopedic I would let touch me show details Only Orthopedic I would let touch me
Sep 16th, 2011

I have had carpal tunnel surgery, elbow and shoulder surgery with Dr. Lombardo. He is very caring and professional. I work for a large group practice with our own ortho's but choose Dr. L over any of them any day.

Jun 30th, 2011

One ACL replacement, one left shoulder torn rotator cup with spurs and one right shoulder with spurs. One of the best in the area if not the best. Not reluctant to take on a challenge. Very personable and caring. If only more doctors had his personality, diagnostic and skill sets. He is truly a credit to the medical profession. His office nurse is one of the best.

Caring, Knowledgeable, Professional show details Caring, Knowledgeable, Professional
Apr 26th, 2011

After being mis-diagnosed by 2 other local doctors, Dr. Lombardo diagnosed my knee pain and shoulder problem right on! He is extremely knowledgeable; and is truly genuine in his care and concern for his patients. Dr. Lombardo has done 3 different surgeries on me; all successful and now pain-free. Top-notch doctor! Would recommend him for any orthopeadic issues!

caring and intelligent show details caring and intelligent
Apr 25th, 2011

-Write about overall experiences-Write about what you like or dislike about your physician-Write about whether you would recommend-Write as if you are talking to a peer who is asking your opinion Greta guy who really cares and explains in non-stuffy mediacl terms your ailmennt and how he can help.

Feb 8th, 2011

Had surgery Wednesday and come Monday neither him nor his nurse Maureen work there any longer. Someone wanna give us some insight?

Nov 5th, 2010

great and he is extremly helpful and muscular!!!!!!!!!!1

John H Callahan show details John H Callahan
by John H Callahan on Nov 10th, 2009

Dr Lombardo,is a awesome doctor he is very though alot of drs can hold his shoes nevermind fill he is the best

Excellent attitude and professionalism show details Excellent attitude and professionalism
by Joe Fitzgerald on Nov 4th, 2009

In the event my first effort at rating Dr. Lombardo failed, I'll make this short. Absolutely the best attitude and professional manner I've encountered in Melbourne.

shoulder surgery last year show details shoulder surgery last year
by Brian Bouck on Jul 12th, 2009

My experience with Dr. Lombardo gave me renewed faith in the Medical care I get.. He has been nothing short of the best and now my shoulder is stronger than the other one..

Jan 9th, 2009

The wait time was worth it