Dr. Astrid Mendoza Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Astrid Mendoza?

Posted on January 19th, 2016

Dr. Medoza and her staff are incredible!!!

If you like condescending and rude doctors, who aren't evidence based, she's for you.

Posted on October 13th, 2015

We had two births with Dr. Mendoza, the first she did not attend but we incorrectly blamed timing and circumstances. After the second, we realized it was her M.O. This time she even lied about not seeing our birth plan so she could do things her way. She only phoned in to yell at me, while my wife was in a calm meditative, natural delivery. Rude and condescending, she tried to force bed rest while delivery was coming quickly. She ended up skipping the delivery because it didn't happen on her schedule and under her control. She lied on multiple occasions and this opinion was corroborated by the nursing staff, who by good luck, was amazing. We used to recommend Torrance Memorial, but we were completely wrong. The leadership and medical staff is top down procedure over science, they are stuck in the past supporting belief over statistics. They do not respect their patients' wishes at all and even force unproven and painful delivery procedures. A horrible hospital and we had the worst O.B. there, and while the remodel will make the place look modern, it's a sanatorium.

Good Gynecologist but very bad OB

Posted on October 11th, 2015

I had a good experience with Dr. Mendoza before I had kids. But my experience with her changed after I had my baby. She pushes for you to use pain medication, she wants you to adapt to her schedule, is quick to offer an episiotomy when not needed, promises to respect her patient's wishes but doesn't follow through, her bedside manner is very bad, she became very cold if you have any questions, never even asked for the baby or how I was feeling. In summary, Dr. Mendoza is a good gynecologist but a very bad OB.

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on April 19th, 2013

Dr. Mendoza became my OB when I became pregnant and has stayed my GYN because of her wondeful bedside manner, educated experience for a new mom like me and young woman. I would never consider another OB/GYN. She doesn't spend a lot of time with you (she is a doctor!) but if you have questions or concerns she will answer and address them right then and there. Love love love her!

Great Doctor

Posted on September 23rd, 2011

Dr. Mendoza took care of my pregnancy during 2010-11. It was a great experience as she was very knowledgable and caring as well as her staff.

Great doctor!

Posted on September 13th, 2011

Dr. Mendoza is attentive, caring and knowledgeable. She delivered my baby and has been my physician for about 4 years now. I highly recommend her.

Posted on August 2nd, 2011

doesn't return urgent calls, doesn't call prescriptions, and is not personable. i will not put my baby's health at risk with this woman

OVER 5 YEARS OF GREAT CARE!

Posted on June 24th, 2011

Dr. Mendoza is a kind and gentle person who takes a lot of time to answer all my questions in detail and (unlike with other doctors) I have never felt rushed. She discovered a growth in my abdomen just by doing a routine pelvic exam and performed the surgery to remove it within a couple of weeks. Needless to say, I was very pleased with her prompt care and dedication throughout the whole process. Now I am pregnant and wouldn't even think about another doctor. She's been very attentive and genuinely interested in all the joy that this experience has brought to us. She shares her knowledge with you as a human being, not just as a medical professional going through the motions. She will be an excellent choice for your maternal care! Plus she is a DO so her approach is more holistic than a regular MD.

Posted on April 1st, 2011

First, Dr. Mendoza has zero bed-side manner. She's not friendly and is rude to the nursing staff. I was in labor for 33 hours and saw her ONE TIME when she came in to pop my water and quickly left. She didn't even make it to the birth even though her office is across the street and I delivered at 6:30PM on a Monday (she just needed to walk across the street). I had an extremely hard labor and needed support. I thought she would be there for me. Afterwards she just made excuses that she ran home because the nurses said I wasn't making progress but then called back to say that I was pushing. I pushed for 3 hours! She only live 20 mins from the hospital. She continued to act like everything was the nurses fault. I was tramatized by the event. I told her what I thought of the experience and never returned. Don't do it!

Posted on February 3rd, 2011

Was the on-call doctor when I was admitted to the ER with massive uterine bleeding. Refused to come to the hospital to see me. Refused to perform a D&C. She repeatedly told me on the phone that major bleeding and huge clots were normal 3.5 weeks after delivery. I ended up nearly bleeding to death the next day, passed out and had a seizure, and had to have an emergency D&C performed by another doctor and a blood transfusion.

Posted on January 26th, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Mendoza. She has been my physician for years and I have been pleased with her care. The staff is also very kind a accommodating.

Posted on January 19th, 2011

Great facility, friendly staff!