A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barbara Freeman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barbara Freeman, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- She has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Freeman graduated from New York University - Mount Sinai.
Dr. Freeman has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Kings County Hospital Center
- Brooklyn Campus of the VA
- New York Harbor Healthcare System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Freeman accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 32 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans