A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Barry Shepard:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Barry Shepard is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Barry Shepard, MD, FACS is board certified in Urology.
He has special expertise in 3 Areas, including General Urology Oncology / Cancer, Kidney Stones Nephrocalcinosis, and Urologic Cancer.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Shepard graduated from State University of New York Downstate, Brooklyn. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shepard has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Winthrop University Hospital
- North Shore/Long Island Jewish Hospital System - Franklin Hospital Med Ctr
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shepard accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Barry R. Shepard practice?
Dr. Barry Shepard practices Urology, Pediatric Urology, and Surgery near Garden City, NY.
Additional practice locations include: New Hyde Park, NY and East Meadow, NY.
See Garden City Urologists, Garden City Pediatric Specialists, and Garden City Surgeons.