Dr. Ben Thrower MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 31st, 2017
Best Physician ever
I became a patient of Dr Thrower's in 2001 shortly after my Dx with MS. He and his team have seen me through all stages of getting diagnosed. I was angry and took it out on them, yet he still listened and gave comforting words to help. He is the most knowledgeable guys I have ever met yet. Always got the right care at the right time. Anything new comes out he always kept me informed. Any question I had he always had an answer.

July 31st, 2017
Excellent Physician
I have been Dr. Thrower's patient for over a decade. He takes the time to listen to his patients and strives to treat the whole patient, not just the MRI. I would highly recommend Dr. Thrower and the Shepard team to anyone with Multiple Sclerosis.

July 11th, 2017
Best comprehensive care available
Honestly, the best doctor I have ever met. I feel so comfortable that I am getting the best and the most comprehensive care. The support staff are always nice and helpful. It is a home away from home.

September 28th, 2016
BEST MS KNOWLEDGEABLE DR!
He is an amazing DR to all of those who see him for MS. Dr Thrower also has many informative and helpful videos. Cares about his patients and also keeps up with the latest medical advancements. I wouldn't trust my Multiple Sclerosis to any other DR!

September 28th, 2016
The best and most caring doctor I ever had.
He is the most loving , caring doctor I have ever had that listens to you and goes out of his way to help you. He makes everyone feel like his best friend. Everyone should have a doctor like him. He is also knows his stuff and taught me much more than any other doctor I ever seen about my MS. He told me about options that I never even heard of before and then help me to do those options and they have greatly improved my life.

Primary Progressive MS Care
I have found the ultimate healthcare team led by Dr. Thrower at the Shepherd Centers's MS Clinic! The appointment was a bit difficult to get, but that's because my "other" Neurologist's office was slow to transfer my records to Shepherd. But once I got an appointment I was treated very well by Dr. Thrower and his team. They did all kinds of tests and explained in detail all the wonderful benefits available to me at Shepherd, which I plan to participate in. My goal was to set up after care following HSCT. I was assigned a case manager, who promptly explained the financial aspects of my followup care and gave me and my husband hope that we will have the bi-monthly (every 2 months) infusions I'll need in 2017! My future looks bright and I have a caring partner in Dr. Thrower and his team of healthcare professionals!

September 16th, 2016
Mr.

May 21st, 2016
Have been seeing Dr. Ben Thrower for years now, along with his colleagues at The Shepherd Spinal Center. The entire staff is beyond wonderful & work diligently to help out in every possible way! He's an excellent physician!!!!

February 26th, 2016
By far the best neurologist i have ever been to. entire staff is very caring, knowledgable, helpful, positive and always happy to be at work.

November 16th, 2013
MS Specialist

August 19th, 2013
Best MS doctor i have ever seen
Dr. Thrower is an amazing doctor who actually listens to what you have to say . He is always on the cutting edge of new things in the MS world and explains things so I can understand it easily. He always answers when I e-mail him and for someone who is doing clinical research ,running the MS Center and teaching he always seems to have the time to participate with the NMSS and the MS Foundation on their various patient based projects. He is a giver and a healer !!

May 7th, 2013
The Greatest EVER
For 13 years Dr. Thrower has been my neurologist. There is no way I could have made it without his knowledge, expertise and kindness. Anytime you are faced with a life altering diagnosis that makes you question the future and quality of your life, the fear can be disabling. But having Dr. Thrower as my neurologist, I know I have the best doctor to help me navigate through the unpredictable nature of my illness. He is aggressive and thorough in his approach. I have never felt like a patient he just treats, but as a human being who matters. There are no words to describe the peace that comes from knowing that although I may not be cured (yet) that I will be more than ok with him as my doctor. The future looks good.