Dr. Ben Thrower MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 16 reviews

September 28th, 2016
BEST MS KNOWLEDGEABLE DR!
He is an amazing DR to all of those who see him for MS. Dr Thrower also has many informative and helpful videos. Cares about his patients and also keeps up with the latest medical advancements. I wouldn't trust my Multiple Sclerosis to any other DR!

September 28th, 2016
The best and most caring doctor I ever had.
He is the most loving , caring doctor I have ever had that listens to you and goes out of his way to help you. He makes everyone feel like his best friend. Everyone should have a doctor like him. He is also knows his stuff and taught me much more than any other doctor I ever seen about my MS. He told me about options that I never even heard of before and then help me to do those options and they have greatly improved my life.

Primary Progressive MS Care
I have found the ultimate healthcare team led by Dr. Thrower at the Shepherd Centers's MS Clinic! The appointment was a bit difficult to get, but that's because my "other" Neurologist's office was slow to transfer my records to Shepherd. But once I got an appointment I was treated very well by Dr. Thrower and his team. They did all kinds of tests and explained in detail all the wonderful benefits available to me at Shepherd, which I plan to participate in. My goal was to set up after care following HSCT. I was assigned a case manager, who promptly explained the financial aspects of my followup care and gave me and my husband hope that we will have the bi-monthly (every 2 months) infusions I'll need in 2017! My future looks bright and I have a caring partner in Dr. Thrower and his team of healthcare professionals!

May 20th, 2016
Have been seeing Dr. Ben Thrower for years now, along with his colleagues at The Shepherd Spinal Center. The entire staff is beyond wonderful & work diligently to help out in every possible way! He's an excellent physician!!!!

February 26th, 2016
By far the best neurologist i have ever been to. entire staff is very caring, knowledgable, helpful, positive and always happy to be at work.

August 19th, 2013
Best MS doctor i have ever seen
Dr. Thrower is an amazing doctor who actually listens to what you have to say . He is always on the cutting edge of new things in the MS world and explains things so I can understand it easily. He always answers when I e-mail him and for someone who is doing clinical research ,running the MS Center and teaching he always seems to have the time to participate with the NMSS and the MS Foundation on their various patient based projects. He is a giver and a healer !!

May 7th, 2013
The Greatest EVER
For 13 years Dr. Thrower has been my neurologist. There is no way I could have made it without his knowledge, expertise and kindness. Anytime you are faced with a life altering diagnosis that makes you question the future and quality of your life, the fear can be disabling. But having Dr. Thrower as my neurologist, I know I have the best doctor to help me navigate through the unpredictable nature of my illness. He is aggressive and thorough in his approach. I have never felt like a patient he just treats, but as a human being who matters. There are no words to describe the peace that comes from knowing that although I may not be cured (yet) that I will be more than ok with him as my doctor. The future looks good.

April 30th, 2013
Dr. Thrower
When something happens to you medically which you know will forever change your life, it is a moment you will never forget. I was referred to Dr. Thrower by my neurologist who realized that I needed to see a specialist for my medical condition. Dr. Thrower was able to work me in quickly due to the intense pain I was experiencing and the complication of needing to coordinate my treatment with my rheumatologist. He is extrememly knowledgeable, thorough, and caring. I have been a patient of his for over two years and wish more doctors had his skills and level of empathy. The staff, whether it is the office and /or nursing personnel, are friendly and helpful. They clearly tell you to arrive thirty minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to allow for checking in and paperwork. I highly recommend Dr. Thrower to anyone who is in need of his medical advice and treatment.

April 29th, 2013
Rock Star MS Doctor
Dr. Thrower made me feel like this was not my fight alone. When I told him about the pain I was dealing with, he told me, "You don't have to put up with that", I left feeling very hopeful about my treatment plan. He has a wonder personality and you can tell he really cares about improving the lives of people with MS. The care from him and all of his staff is second to none, we are so grateful to live close enough to be able to see him. I really can't express how blessed I am to be under the care of such a wonderful doctor.

April 28th, 2013
Not Impressed with Dr Thrower
I was referred to Dr Thrower by my neurologist. He had diagnosed me with MS but the symptoms were so mild, he thought I should see a specialist. It took me 6 months to get an appointment with Dr. Thrower. We were ecstatic to be seeing this renowned MS Specialist. Little did we know. After an MRI, he told me he was not convinced that I had MS and sent me back to my neurologist for him to determine what I really have going on. Dr. Thrower could recite to us every statistic affiliated with MS which was impressive, but we walked away dejected and feeling like he didn't care about me or my situation. 6 months waiting to see him felt like wasted time. Since then, I have been to the Mayo Clinic where I saw Dr. Elizabeth Shuster. What a Godsend. She confirmed my original diagnosis being a mild case of MS and agreed with my current treatment approach. The staff at the Mayo Clinic treated me with courtesy, concern, and respect and most off made me feel like I was important to them.

September 11th, 2011
I trust his expertise
For me what is most important is trusting my doctor and feeling confident that he is current on all aspects related to my illness. Dr. Thrower is that.

May 16th, 2011
Appointment times are scheduled and if you do not check in at least 30 minutes prior to appointment time - you will be shown as a no show and may not be seen - So patient appointment for 9am means you must show up at appointment by 830 but will not be seen until appointment time of 9am or later.