Dr. Bess Chang DO Patient Reviews

3.4

November 11th, 2016
Office Manager, Michael, and Kalinda should be fired
I paid my account in full each time I had an appointment. On my appointment today, they threatened to take me to collections if I did not pay them $1200. I was confused and questioned why I owed that when I paid everything on the spot with each visit. I also asked them to show me the Botox bottles or packaging to make sure that I was receiving all of that medication since I had to pay 20% of it. Coming from Colorado, that was a state law. The office manager told me that I should go somewhere else if I didn't like it. Ironically, he told an elderly gentleman on my last visit the same thing. I asked him if this was his standard come back when somebody question what they were doing. Kalinda stomped off because I dared to question her . Dr. Chang did not apologize until I asked her if she planned to talk to them about how they treated me. Actually, she never did apologize and just sort of rolled her eyes attributing the problem to me. By the way, Dr. Chang never did get my treatment right. It was working perfectly in Colorado and she never was able to get it to work and now says I have a resistance to Botox. Couldn't possibly have been her skills, right? Leaving that office I was shaking and crying. Unbelievable

October 4th, 2015
Dont waste your $$ and time
This Dr Chang is a walking JOKE! Hi My name is John. Had neuropathy for last 10 years but just moved to Vegas needed new Neuro Dr. I never seen such a egotistic DR who WILL NOT listen to you. JUst wanna run 10000s$ tests and collect $. Fist thing what Drs do they sit down and listen to you and check you out, your body and physical symptoms, SHE DID NONE of this! She just brush you off when you wanna tell here how it all started etc. DONT GO there! Waste of time and $$

August 27th, 2013
Received the sought after relief that I have been looking for for 9 years
Dr. Chang, saw me for two appointments. One for the consult and referral for MRI and the other to give me the results. She was quick and to the point, she listened to my problems and sent me to where I needed to go to get relief. After 9 years of pain and suffering, and umpteen other doctors I finally have some pain relief. I still have pain, but I have only had one treatment at pain management, hopefully I won't need many more and I will be able to live my life again.

April 8th, 2013
Great Experience
One of the few physicians I've been to who really knew what she is doing in this town. I want to say that the staff was not only friendly, but were very knowlegable as well which is hard to find these days. I would recommend this office to both family and friends. God Bless.

February 8th, 2013
STAY AWAY
Do not bother. This doctor is a waste of time. All she is interested in is billing patients. They are inept in the office. They were supposed to send my prescription to pharmacy and did not do it. After several followup calls their response was to put a message on their answering machine changing the policy to require up to 3 business days for prescription renewals. They repeatedly treat your time as worthless. I do not have any confidence in this doctor. One time she filled out a prescription for an non existent dose level causing 2 day hangup at the pharmacy. They make you wait to long for appointments. They routinely overschedule. Never have felt confident with treatment from the doctor. Too glib.

June 26th, 2012
Inept Staff - Waste of Time
My OB/GYN called in a personal favor to get me in at Dr. Chang's office. Her office staff scheduled me in for the following week but failed to appropriately verify my insurance requirements (I needed referral paperwork and pre-authorization which they had a week to pull together but didn't). When I arrived for my appointment, they were busy with a "team meeting," so they kept me waiting for 35 minutes before even checking me in. After that, they nonchalantly said, "Oh sorry, we didn't follow up on your insurance and have to reschedule you." I heard excuse after excuse on why they didn't do their jobs. What a waste of time...I was completely disgusted by the lack of concern over the extreme inconvenience and limited follow through. Dr. Chang is only as good as her office staff, and if they are so careless, I can't see many patients returning there (I definitely won't). What's the point of physicians referring patients to her if her staff can't pull it together? As a hospital administrator myself and wife of a physician, our vote will go to someone else for Seven's Best Physicians after this experience.

June 19th, 2012
Dr Chang is the worst doctor I have seen in a long time. I chose her because of her Top Doc Rating in Las Vegas Life, but have since learned that those doctors are chosen by who they know, not the patients they treat. I went to Dr. Chang because I have frequent sever headaches and tingling, numbness and sharp pain in my hands and feet. She ran thousands of dollars of tests and told me I have moderate carpal tunnel in both hands and two bulging discs in my neck, and that there was no problem with my feet. Then she dismissed me with no follow up or recommendations for treatment. She was not interested in me since I did not have a neurological disorder, and only wanted to talk about how great her kids are at playing golf. She didn't help me get to the bottom of my problems or send me to other specialists or request a follow up appointment to monitor my conditions. Don't bother asking questions, she isn't interested in your thoughts or opinions unless she can draw you a picture and tell you she's right. Since leaving her, I started seeing another neurologist who has been a life saver. She has identified my headaches as migraine and given me several medications to try to see which one works best (free samples), and sent me to an orthopedic podiatrist because she immediately noted a giant Morton's Neuroma in both feet causing severe nerve damage, both of which required surgical decompression and physical therapy to regain the feeling in my feet. She has a plan to get my hands back to normal and is monitoring my discs along with managing my pain and limiting further damage to avoid surgery.Whatever you do, if you don't know that you have MS, alzheimer's or a known neurological condition, don't go to Dr. Chang. She won't have any interest in you but she'll run up your lab and test bill in the thousands.

May 24th, 2012
Great doctor
I was referred to Dr. Chang by my primary care doctor because of the constant tingling sensation on my right hand that has been going on for many years. I was fist skeptical when I saw Dr. Chang because she seemed so young. She was very patient with me and listened to the history of my pain, how it has impacted my life, and she asked questions that made me think about the symptoms and helped me explain to her what it is I am feeling. She did several tests on me and explained the results and findings to me which I actually understood. I recommend Dr. Chang for her compassion, and her knowledge, and I am grateful to her in helping me understand my diagnosis.

May 23rd, 2012
Best Neurologist I have ever been to see. More knowledge than some I've been to that belonged to academic organizations.

May 20th, 2012
KEEP LOOKING - I wouldnt even trust this dr with my DOG.
I am writing this review so this NEVER happens AGAIN.I would like to make sure this NEVER HAPPENS AGAIN. My name is Jane, I would like to share my exp ...

March 13th, 2012
Please find another
This is rhe rudest Dr. I've ever met as well as the staff I would'nt recommend

January 20th, 2012
Dr. Chang has THE worst bedsire manner I have ever witnessed and I have been a caregiver for 4 years with a patient who has 8 other doctors who I would highly recommend. She was so uncaring and actually cruel to my elderly relative I would go out of my way to NOT recommend her.