Dr. Brad Herskowitz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

November 8th, 2016
Horrible
My mother went in to see Dr. Herskowitz- when she arrived my mothers blood pressure was 240/131- anyone who knows anything about blood pressure knows that this is an extreme emergency . This Dr. dismissed her home because he couldn't find her primary.... seriously??? Fast forward a few hours and my mom is admitted to the hospital with a massive stroke. How he is still practicing I don't know.

September 6th, 2016
Excellent
Great office. Nice staff. Dr. Herskowitz was very professional. Very intelligent and caring. I have been to several other neurologists who could not help me but he did. I am grateful to him. Highly recommended !!!

June 23rd, 2016
Dr. Herzkowitz was very professional and caring. He was very nice to my mom while she was hospitalized. He took time to talk and was concerned about my mom's health issues.

December 8th, 2015
This is from about 12 years ago when Brad helped me with my dad. I will never forget how kind and compassionate he was at the time. I am sure he had only gotten better.

October 14th, 2015
Diabetic foot neuropathy
Dr Herskpwitz ordered me to take a medicine to help reverse the neuropathy of which my insurance AV med does not cover. My insurance advised me to get the doc to fill out a medical necessity form. He told me he did not have it. I said it's available on aVMed site. He acted disinterested and said he would get back to me. So far I never heard back. Paid $900 out of pocket to get this diagnosis. When I call office it is very hard to get a human on phone. Everything is handled by voice mail including appointments. Half the time your messages go in answered. I will not return. I was handled very badly by staff. Office is a patient mill.

April 24th, 2015
Rude, arrogant, clueless, and in a drug company's pocket. No such thing as free lunch.

April 5th, 2015
BOTOX for MIGRAINES EXPERIENCE
Has anyone received the BOTOX injections for migraines and not seen or felt the results? I have been there in the past and felt and saw the results immediately such as tightening of the skin on the forehead and decreases intensity of my migraines but this time I have not felt or seen results at all?? Just CURIOUS IF ANYONE HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE BOTOX INJECTIONS.

October 22nd, 2014
Very Pleased!
Finally a doctor who listens and explains things. I could tell he was a great guy. I do not understand the negative reviews. He was very knowledgable about my disease and took the time to explain it to me.

September 15th, 2014
Great doctor
I was hesitant about seeing this doctor after seeing the reviews but I was able to get in really quick. He was really nice. I had my 2 year old with me and he entertained her while I talked to him. He listened to all my concerns and addressed them. He gave me samples of a few different medications to try. And I was scheduled for an MRI 4 days after my appointment. Overall I was very satisfied. My daughter has neurological issues and he even talked to me about her. He's a good guy.

June 13th, 2014
I would not recommend this neurologist.
This physician gave inadequate attention and care to my medical issue. He stated that most older people have memory problems to which I agreed but mine were combined with confusion episodes, plus I have had 3 siblings with dementia. He finally gave me a script for a brain MRI and his sister's office number for her to do a psychoneurological test to determine what type of problem I may have. I did NOT feel he took this seriously and I will not return to see him again. His bill was high for what little time, attention and effort he afforded me and I hope he switches to radiology or research where he does not have to "deal" with patients face to face.

December 24th, 2013
Terrible doctor!
I brought my mom to see dr. Brad herskowitz because she was under the care of a neurologist from the same group while she was hospitalized at baptist hospital. Big mistake! It is like a factory. Assembly line medical care. Also, dr. Brad has a very poor bedside manner. He has a big ego and i don't know if he realizes that his patients are coming to see him for medical care, not for his remotely good looks. Further, he DID NOT READ MY MOM's CHART!!! This was alarming to me given all her other conditions and any medication prescribed to her has to be carefully considered for contraindications with any of her other medical conditions. I called him out on not having read her chart and not being briefed on her particulars prior to seeing her. He apologized and said he was looking at the wrong patient's information....I don't know if that was intended to put me at ease..... Im sure he could be a perfectly fine neurologist if he put more effort in. Its not just about the bottom line....patients are people. He is not the medical professional his father is, that is for sure. I have since switched my mom to another neurologist and we are much happier with her care.

September 21st, 2013
Never again
I agree with the negative posts. This doctor lacks compassion, has a huge ego, has poor bedside manner, and delivers assembly-line care. He is horrible.