A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Carlos Lavernia:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Carlos Lavernia, Orthopaedic Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Lavernia
Rheumatoid Arthritis Patient Education Learn all about RA and various treatments and medications with Vitals rhuematoid arthritis patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Lavernia Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Carlos Lavernia, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Avascular Necrosis (Osteonecrosis)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Lavernia graduated from University of Puerto Rico, San Juan. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Lavernia has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Mercy Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Carlos Jesus Lavernia MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 27 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Carlos J. Lavernia practice?
- Dr. Carlos Lavernia has 2 office locations.
Dr. Carlos Lavernia practices Orthopaedic Surgery near South Miami, FL.
Additional practice locations include: Miami, FL.