Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
by G. O'Neal on Feb 17th, 2014

Stay away from this doctor! She and her staff are the most unfriendly I have ever met. During the first visit she had her back to me the whole time. There wasn't any examination. She disputed everything I said when explaining my previous medical history. When I asked her to write a Rx for the medication I have been taking for the last 3-4 years, she said how do I know you aren't using this for weight loss. Weight loss is only 1 of the many side effects of the medication. I had to call 3 times to get her to write a referral to a specialist. I called her about another problem and never received a call back.

|  If office staff is incompetent.... fire them!  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2012

While the doctor may be competent in diagnosis, if the problem involves any extra testing the office staff makes the situation unbearable. They blame all problems of not getting a procedure approved on the patient and/or the insurance company, admitting no culpability in the situation. They do not submit required paperwork to insurance companies that results in requests being denied. The office staff even says that it is too hard to get the doctor (in their own practice!!) to sign the necessary paperwork.... REALLY????? What this doctor needs is an office staff who can handle problems and who follow up to ensure proper customer service for each patient. Sure, working with insurance companies is hard work for them... but that IS WHAT THEY ARE PAID FOR!!! Just do it! And... at times a refill requires a 2.5 hour visit. Inexcusable. Dr. O if you read this... wake up and invest in an experienced and intelligent office staff!!

|  Physicians to avoid!  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2011

Dr. Catherine Okoronkwo and the nurse practitioner, Ms Roseline do engage the lives of patients that go to Kelsom Clinic. Patients are known for pleading to get their prescriptions refilled as was the case with my mother whose blood pressure medications were not called in for over a month. It is ridiculous how they treat their patients in that clinic. The wait time is over 2 hours and the staff have very nasty attitude overall. Finally, they charged my mother who has medicare saying that my mother had copays. Thank God we changed medical providers soon enough, I wish the health department, medicare and medicaid will investigate Kelsom clinic and the providers there.

by Very Upset on Apr 15th, 2009 on yahoo.com

I work with a medical company and i have never came across a doctor's office as this one, the doctor is very rude and so are the people that work in her office, i would never recommend this doctor to any one unless they want the worst treatment possible. This doctor should be reported and she could also use a class in manners!!!!!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Dec 16th, 2007 on yahoo.com

I have been under Doctor O's care now for over a year, and that care has been excellent. I cannot recommend this Doctor more highly. She has keep me going at times when I was ready to give up. She is smart, intelligent, and an excellent physican. Enough s

Read Full Review at yahoo.com