Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Very professional and thorough. show details Very professional and thorough.
Mar 14th, 2016

Very professional and thorough. Did not have to visit multiple locations. They had MRI capability in house so I had multiple tests completed very quickly and my results immediately. Very impressed.

Dr. Shusterman is a very professional and kind Doctor. show details Dr. Shusterman is a very professional and kind Doctor.
by Bill Madden on Feb 12th, 2016

Dr. Shusterman is a very professional and kind Doctor. He got right to the point about my diagnosis and treatment. You will feel very comfortable and you will know this Doctor cares for your health and well being. He is not one of those Doctors that just writes a prescription unless you really need it, like antibiotics. I was there for a total of 30 minutes start to finish, I saw 4 people who had different functions before I was called in to see the actual Doctor, they perform all the pretests needed. The office was so full, standing room only. Seems like it was double booked. I did everything online before I came in for my first appointment so all I had to do when i got in, was show my ID and sign some forms. Saves you a lot of time. The parking in the area really sucks, we had to park 4 and half blocks away but I will definitely be coming back and I highly recommend him.

Jan 18th, 2016

He is a very good doctor. Knows his job. He takes time with his patient and very good manners. I would recommend him to anyone that needs a uruologist..

Dec 8th, 2015

Great doc. Dr, shusterman was an excellent, very knowledgeable, courteous outstanding urologists, he performs tests before moving forward which was something I liked, he likes to get to the bottom of the problem before he decides to do anything, I highly recommend him to anyone.

Best urologist around show details Best urologist around
by Sha Roderigo on Nov 12th, 2015

Great visit. Wish all doc like him. I do not review often but when someone gets it, i have to say something! Make an appointment now and you will thank me!

I would highly recommend show details I would highly recommend
Oct 9th, 2015

I was seen quickly with no wait time. Doctor was very nice and explained everything very well. Testing was done right away saving me time. I had kidney stones and it was the first time I had a stone treatment in the office. My other urologist retired and I feel fortunate to have found Dr Shusterman here. My stone passed and now I am being followed with renal ultrasound every 6 months which is done right in the office. His office is fully computerized with a patient portal to my medical records and prescriptions are sent electronically. The most advanced office I have been to. Wish my gyn doc was this good!

Great doc show details Great doc
by Anna k on Aug 13th, 2015

Kidney stones treatment was done at the office and was able to pass them right away! Wonderful experience! Recommended for all my family and friends

Great experience and will def recommend show details Great experience and will def recommend
by Dam Y on Jul 14th, 2015

I came in for a vasectomy which took only a few minutes and recovery was only the next day. I had the no scalpel procedure and i had just 2 bandaids afterwards. Very happy with everything as I was given anesthsia and did not feel anything.

Excellent Doctor who is very knowledgeable and cares show details Excellent Doctor who is very knowledgeable and cares
by Omar B. on Jun 8th, 2015

Excellent staff and doctor. Highly recommend is new high tech Manhattan office just off of Grand Central. Amazing place with great staff. He was able to diagnose and then treat my kidney stones within a week. Just amazing.

THE. BEST UROLOGIST I HAVE BEEN TO! show details THE. BEST UROLOGIST I HAVE BEEN TO!
May 7th, 2015

THE BEST UROLOGIST I HAVE BEEN TO! Doctor Shusterman is professional and personable. Makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. All his staff is helpful and courteous. Will only be seeing him from now on. He really knows the research behind the medicine. The wait was a little long in the past but now he has a much bigger office and there is almost no wait. He was able to do all the testing right there in the office and started treatment right away!! No one else has done this for me. Just amazing! Look no longer!

by Micheal Case on Apr 18th, 2015

Great doctor! Highly recommend. All testing and procedures done in his office! Great staff! No complaints.

Amazing ..blood urine and ultrasound in the same visit show details Amazing ..blood urine and ultrasound in the same visit
by Wendy H. on Mar 27th, 2015

I have been his patient for many years and aways come away impressed and hoping all my doctors where like Dr Shusterman. I have had kidney stone that have required me to have treatment on a regular basis and due to my great care I no longer have kidney stone attacks as my stones are diagnosed and treated in the office before they pass! Btw- they have such great anesthesiologists if you ever need to be put to sleep for a procedure. The wait can be expended at times but still saves me lots of time as my old urologist sent me to 3 different places to get blood urine and ultrasounds and then i had to come bck for results. dr Shusterman puts all four visits in one. Amazing!

Excellent Urologist 1 block from Grand central in NYC show details Excellent Urologist 1 block from Grand central in NYC
Mar 10th, 2015

I am happy to find a excellent urologist that has a office around grand central as I work in the area. I had Ultrasounds and CT scans on site with no wait time. Really happy my coworker recommended his office. My coworker has kidney stones that she gets treated once a year. He follows her with ultrasound every 6 months to make sure the stones do not return. I am impressed.

Stone center was impressive show details Stone center was impressive
by Emily on Mar 7th, 2015

I was treated for kidney stones and in 2 days! It took me weeks to pass a stone last time but after a friend told me that dr shusterman can treat the stones in his office I gave him a try. I am happy I did as the stone was blown up right after I had a Ct scan. My pain was gone right after the procedure. So happy i wanted to share it here.

Dr. Shusterman's bedside manner was incredibly professional and friendly. show details Dr. Shusterman's bedside manner was incredibly professional and friendly.
Jan 31st, 2015

Dr. Shusterman's bedside manner was incredibly professional and friendly. I felt immediately at ease as he discussed the prognosis in depth and gave me tips in other areas of men's health. His staff members were also very polite and helpful. The facilities were also very clean and contemporary. Overall great experience.

Great doc show details Great doc
by Micheal G. on Jan 19th, 2015

His staff were very friendly and quick. His PA was super I loved her ! The receptionist had a little attitude issue but I haven't really met any nice ones so it doesn't bother me much. The doctor took the time and spoke to me answered all my questions as insane as they sounded. He explained everything in detail. I will be coming back to him. He's SUPER !

Awesome Awesome!!! He is very friendly. I asked him a million questions and he did not mind a bit. show details Awesome Awesome!!! He is very friendly. I asked him a million questions and he did not mind a bit.
by Howard T. on Jan 6th, 2015

Awesome Awesome!!! He is very friendly. I asked him a million questions and he did not mind a bit. He has all the testing done directly in his office. If you are looking for a doctor that gets the job done in 1 visit and not 3-4 visits he is the best. I would recommend him to anyone that wants to know whats happening on the first visit. Very modern and up to date office and a friendly staff is a big bonus. You may be there for a while but that's because testing is done there ; sonogram, certain urine testing, etc. I am very pleased to have found him here. A

Dec 16th, 2014

Dr Shusterman is very professional and has a very professional and friendly staff. All my tests were done the same day at his location, which saved me a lot of time and was able to get instant results. I would highly recommend him

Bad experience show details Bad experience
by J wisk on Jun 18th, 2014

I found personally that his method is unprofessional. I never understood the reason for immediate scheduling and for procedures that I had to have. I have gone to another doctor since then and he asked why this dr insisted this procedure was best. My current doctor said there are other methods.I still had the problem after seeing doctor shusterman and also have been harassed with bills that should have been paid by my insurance. They used a provider ID that was not his and I had a headache from the situation... I would never recommend anyone to him.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you had this experience. We always attempt to resolve all billing issues in house and there are unfortunate times when insurance does not cover some tests. We saw our patients time and money by preforming ultrasound, blood and urine testing in our office to improve the efficiency of the care we provide. You can always reach us at 718-360-9550 for any assistance that is needed. We will always be happy to help.

Top Doc!!! Wish all doctors were as caring as Dr. Shusterman show details Top Doc!!! Wish all doctors were as caring as Dr. Shusterman
by M. Medina on Jun 11th, 2013

I am so happy my doctor referred me to Dr. Shusterman. I was so happy with my visit that I decided to post a review online and it only confirmed my option of the care and compassion he showed me. He was able to diagnose me in the office on one visit and without the need to keep coming back for more testing as he was able to do all the testing and treatment in his office. The wait time was minimal considering I had an ultrasound and other testing all in one visit. My last urologist sent me to 3 different places and then I had to follow up again for the results which took weeks to complete. Clearly the Dr. and his staff know that patients can not waste time with multiple visits in NYC. I have referred several of my friends to see him.

Best doctor and staff I have every known! show details Best doctor and staff I have every known!
by Amy R. on Mar 19th, 2013

I was very happy with the way I was treated by Dr Shusterman. His office is modern and diagnosed me with kidney stones right in the office. He did not send me to multiple places for testing as he does everything onsite! He set me up for kidney stone laser treatment in his office. This was done with anesthesia which was great. I passed my stone and now I am stone free. I wish all my docs were as kind and professional as Dr. Shusterman. There is a reason why he wins all these top urology awards! I would recommend him to anyone.

Feb 5th, 2013

Excellent office and doctor was friendly, professional and interested in helping me with my problems. Would recommend!

Compassionate and caring urologist show details Compassionate and caring urologist
Aug 16th, 2012

I had a painful stone that was in my kidney and my first urologist told me I have to wait to get it treated but Dr. Shusterman and his team were able to get me treated within a week and it was right in his office. I was amazed that I paid nothing and I had exceptional care. I am very happy my doctor refered me to his center!

Love Dr Shusterman show details Love Dr Shusterman
May 17th, 2012

He is a great person and an excellent doctor. He takes the time to figure out my issues and does not rush me out of his office like other docs.

May 10th, 2012

Excellent treatment with compassion and modern equipment.

Excellent Experience show details Excellent Experience
Mar 20th, 2012

Technologically advanced office. Very nice staff and doc is great. Make you feel comfortable and is very easy to talk to. I would recommend to anyone.

Jan 14th, 2012

are all these comments legit. seem too cheery with no critisism at all. makes ya wonder if his secretary is writing them?

Top Specialist show details Top Specialist
Dec 27th, 2011

Excellent office with a great staff. Testing was done on the most advanced equipment I have seen. While other offices have an outdated look his office is modern and new. Wait time was minimal. His whole office is paperless and when I came to see the doctor all my testing and results where right on his computer. He knew all my results right away. He was very friendly and easy to talk to. He treated me like a relative even though I just met him. While many other doctor I consulted where recommending surgery, he touted a minimally invasive approach. He saved me from an unnecessary operation. I recommend him to anyone.

Very Happy show details Very Happy
Sep 15th, 2011

I will echo all the other great reviews. Very happy with the doctor and his staff. All very nice and friendly. Very professional and really cares about me and my problems. Will recommend to my family and friends.

Male Health Expert show details Male Health Expert
Jun 14th, 2011

I was doing a search on the internet regarding a male health expert and I can across Dr. Shusterman. I decided to give him a try. He was excellent. He has a state of the art office and excelent staff. All the testing was done in house. He rised my hormone levels to normal and now I feel like a new person. I want to thank him and his staff for doing such a great job.

Nov 25th, 2010

His office is extremely disorderely and there is little or no privacy at all. Even the medical assistance ask you about what you came to see the doctor about. They all need to be schooled on HIPPA policy!

Doctor's Response

We at Advanced Urology are sorry you had this experience. HIPPA policy is strongly enforced in the office. The office is large and has many patient rooms which should offer the maximal level of privacy to our patients and this allows for private discussion and overall good privacy. Asking what the reason for the visit is standard for all medical practices and in no way is a HIPPA violation.

Best medical office in NY show details Best medical office in NY
by Isabella Krol on Sep 8th, 2010

The office is great. Great location, best staff, best equipped office I have ever seen. When you meet the doctor you know why it is so good. He is nice, friendly, caring, and just great at speaking with me and my family. I wish all my specialists were like him. I usually do not recommend doctors to my friends because I don't want to be responsible if things don't go well, but with this doctor I an very confident my friends would be very grateful for my advise.

2009 Top Urologist Award Winner show details 2009 Top Urologist Award Winner
Jan 25th, 2010

Want to congratulate Dr Shusterman for winner the 2009 Top Urologist award. I saw the award hanging in the waiting room and I was not surprised. I am sure it is the first of many more to come.

Excellent Urologist show details Excellent Urologist
Aug 28th, 2009

Dr. Shusterman is not only an excellent physician, but a caring, kind, and patient human being. I consider myself enormously fortunate to have had him treat me. He was incredibly patient with me and was always available by phone if I had a question. He also has a wonderful sense of humor! I can't say enough wonderful things about him. He is truly a wonderful doctor.

Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
Jun 20th, 2009

I was treated with care and compassion. I came for a serious problem that was well treated. My husband then decided to switch urologists and is also happy he switched.

BEST UROLOGIST IN FOREST HILLS show details BEST UROLOGIST IN FOREST HILLS
Jun 3rd, 2009

I was referred by a friend so I knew he was good but he is better than that. I am able to void many times better than when i came to see him. I was followed by another urologist that did nothing while I was suffering. A few visits and a small procedure virtually cured me. If you want a urologist that really cares look no further.

Excellent urologist show details Excellent urologist
May 4th, 2009

Dr. Shusterman is a warm and friendly person and very easy to talk to and discuss anything. He truly cares about his patients and I recommend him to everyone. He treated my stone very well and has always made me feel like he has everything under control.

Professional and very careful show details Professional and very careful
by Bella Davidoff on Mar 2nd, 2009

This was the best experience, I had been misdiagnosed by several other doctors and finally got really answers and help.

Feb 14th, 2009