Dr. David Shusterman, MD
Urologist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
 |  Extreemly disappointing experience  |  show details
by Vlad K. on Aug 11th, 2014

SCAM!! Be careful scheduling an appointment with this Doctor. We had been waiting for two weeks to see him but when we came all the way from Princeton NJ to his Brooklyn office, his assistant only made copies of the tests that we brought and then informed us that the doctor wasn't in the office and wouldn't be able to see us that day. She assured us, however, that he would definately call us at 12 pm on Monday and answer all our questions. It never happened! We just waisted our time and money (gas, tolls, parking...) to get nothing but frustration and bitter disappointment!

|  Top Doc!!! Wish all doctors were as caring as Dr. Shusterman  |  show details
by M. Medina on Jun 11th, 2013

I am so happy my doctor referred me to Dr. Shusterman. I was so happy with my visit that I decided to post a review online and it only confirmed my option of the care and compassion he showed me. He was able to diagnose me in the office on one visit and without the need to keep coming back for more testing as he was able to do all the testing and treatment in his office. The wait time was minimal considering I had an ultrasound and other testing all in one visit. My last urologist sent me to 3 different places and then I had to follow up again for the results which took weeks to complete. Clearly the Dr. and his staff know that patients can not waste time with multiple visits in NYC. I have referred several of my friends to see him.

|  Best doctor and staff I have every known!  |  show details
by Amy R. on Mar 19th, 2013

I was very happy with the way I was treated by Dr Shusterman. His office is modern and diagnosed me with kidney stones right in the office. He did not send me to multiple places for testing as he does everything onsite! He set me up for kidney stone laser treatment in his office. This was done with anesthesia which was great. I passed my stone and now I am stone free. I wish all my docs were as kind and professional as Dr. Shusterman. There is a reason why he wins all these top urology awards! I would recommend him to anyone.

Feb 5th, 2013

Excellent office and doctor was friendly, professional and interested in helping me with my problems. Would recommend!

|  Compassionate and caring urologist  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2012

I had a painful stone that was in my kidney and my first urologist told me I have to wait to get it treated but Dr. Shusterman and his team were able to get me treated within a week and it was right in his office. I was amazed that I paid nothing and I had exceptional care. I am very happy my doctor refered me to his center!

|  Love Dr Shusterman  |  show details
May 17th, 2012

He is a great person and an excellent doctor. He takes the time to figure out my issues and does not rush me out of his office like other docs.

May 10th, 2012

Excellent treatment with compassion and modern equipment.

|  Excellent Experience  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2012

Technologically advanced office. Very nice staff and doc is great. Make you feel comfortable and is very easy to talk to. I would recommend to anyone.

Jan 14th, 2012

are all these comments legit. seem too cheery with no critisism at all. makes ya wonder if his secretary is writing them?

|  Top Specialist  |  show details
Dec 27th, 2011

Excellent office with a great staff. Testing was done on the most advanced equipment I have seen. While other offices have an outdated look his office is modern and new. Wait time was minimal. His whole office is paperless and when I came to see the doctor all my testing and results where right on his computer. He knew all my results right away. He was very friendly and easy to talk to. He treated me like a relative even though I just met him. While many other doctor I consulted where recommending surgery, he touted a minimally invasive approach. He saved me from an unnecessary operation. I recommend him to anyone.

|  Very Happy  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2011

I will echo all the other great reviews. Very happy with the doctor and his staff. All very nice and friendly. Very professional and really cares about me and my problems. Will recommend to my family and friends.

|  Male Health Expert  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2011

I was doing a search on the internet regarding a male health expert and I can across Dr. Shusterman. I decided to give him a try. He was excellent. He has a state of the art office and excelent staff. All the testing was done in house. He rised my hormone levels to normal and now I feel like a new person. I want to thank him and his staff for doing such a great job.

Nov 25th, 2010

His office is extremely disorderely and there is little or no privacy at all. Even the medical assistance ask you about what you came to see the doctor about. They all need to be schooled on HIPPA policy!

Doctor's Response

We at Advanced Urology are sorry you had this experience. HIPPA policy is strongly enforced in the office. The office is large and has many patient rooms which should offer the maximal level of privacy to our patients and this allows for private discussion and overall good privacy. Asking what the reason for the visit is standard for all medical practices and in no way is a HIPPA violation.

|  Best medical office in NY  |  show details
by Isabella Krol on Sep 8th, 2010

The office is great. Great location, best staff, best equipped office I have ever seen. When you meet the doctor you know why it is so good. He is nice, friendly, caring, and just great at speaking with me and my family. I wish all my specialists were like him. I usually do not recommend doctors to my friends because I don't want to be responsible if things don't go well, but with this doctor I an very confident my friends would be very grateful for my advise.

|  2009 Top Urologist Award Winner  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2010

Want to congratulate Dr Shusterman for winner the 2009 Top Urologist award. I saw the award hanging in the waiting room and I was not surprised. I am sure it is the first of many more to come.

|  Excellent Urologist  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2009

Dr. Shusterman is not only an excellent physician, but a caring, kind, and patient human being. I consider myself enormously fortunate to have had him treat me. He was incredibly patient with me and was always available by phone if I had a question. He also has a wonderful sense of humor! I can't say enough wonderful things about him. He is truly a wonderful doctor.

|  Highly recommend  |  show details
Jun 20th, 2009

I was treated with care and compassion. I came for a serious problem that was well treated. My husband then decided to switch urologists and is also happy he switched.

|  BEST UROLOGIST IN FOREST HILLS  |  show details
Jun 3rd, 2009

I was referred by a friend so I knew he was good but he is better than that. I am able to void many times better than when i came to see him. I was followed by another urologist that did nothing while I was suffering. A few visits and a small procedure virtually cured me. If you want a urologist that really cares look no further.

|  Excellent urologist  |  show details
May 4th, 2009

Dr. Shusterman is a warm and friendly person and very easy to talk to and discuss anything. He truly cares about his patients and I recommend him to everyone. He treated my stone very well and has always made me feel like he has everything under control.

|  Professional and very careful  |  show details
by Bella Davidoff on Mar 2nd, 2009

This was the best experience, I had been misdiagnosed by several other doctors and finally got really answers and help.

Feb 14th, 2009