Dr. Diana Pollock MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9
  • 11 reviews

April 20th, 2016
This is what a doctor is for
She knows what she is doing, and she does not sugar coat things. She has a good sense of humor which apparently some people don't appreciate. Most importantly, she has full knowledge of everything she talks about and doesn't withhold her diagnoses even if it is something you don't want to hear.

January 28th, 2016
I was seen by Dr. Pollock for sleep apnea and carpal tunnel syndrome. I was diagnosed with mild carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands by her test. I asked if I should have surgery, she said"No, you should postpone surgery as long as possible." Unfortunately my new orthopedic specialist said that I might have permanent nerve damage for postponing that surgery. Please find another neurologist. She also told me to keep taking sleeping pills, when I was having difficulty adjusting to CPAP equipment and experiencing bad side affects from the sleeping pills. I knew that was wrong advice and I changed sleep apnea doctors at that time. Please seek another neurologist for these conditions at least!!!!!!

September 30th, 2014
Great Experience
I have to admit that I was hesitant and skeptical about my appointment with Dr. Pollock after reading all these negative reviews. I rely heavily on reviews on just about anything. But I'm also objective and open minded and realize that this country is full of negative people who find it easier to complain than compliment. So I went to my appointment not knowing what to expect but prepared for anything. I have to say that my experience with Dr. Pollock and staff was completely positive. Her staff was excellent - friendly, professional, accommodating, and pleasant. Dr. Pollock came into the room to talk to me and I immediately liked her. She was very thorough and I could tell she is extremely knowledgeable in her field. She explained everything to me in detail, making sure I understood. She stayed in the room as long as it took to answer my many questions and never seemed like she was in a hurry to rush out. She was friendly and cordial the entire time. She ordered the appropriate tests for me and I was on my way. I'm not related, I don't work for her, and this was my first time ever meeting her. I've never been to a Neurologist before. I write honest reviews because I feel everyone should be an educated consumer/patient/etc. and writing reviews about products or providers accommodates that. My feelings about the negative reviews about Dr. Pollock are influenced by my very positive experience with her. I'm kind, patient, educated, and treat people with respect. You get what you give. I only needed 1 visit with Dr. Pollock but would certainly go to her again. I would also recommend her to others. It's not common these days to find a doctor who is not only extremely knowledgeable but also willing to spend a good amount of time with the patient making sure they are comfortable and educated about the issues at hand. This trait is invaluable and deeply appreciated.

August 20th, 2013
Wow
I agree with another patient who said this was the worst experience they'd ever had with a doctor. To the reviewer telling us to "look at how you treat the doctors", I have you think you are either Dr Pollock herself or a relative. Two other doctors agreed I may have an issue for which I should seek care from a neurologist, and Pollock basically laughed in my face at the suggestion that I have a test done. I think she literally laughed, in fact. She agreed to order the test in the most condescending way possible, but oh by the way, the test she ordered was completely different from what she said she was ordering. I know it's easy to go crazy on these reviews in the heat of the moment, so I have waited a few weeks. I still feel that this is the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor and I shudder to think that people put their neurological health into her hands. The one bright spot was her staff; they seemed very nice and pleasant.

June 11th, 2013
Horrible!!!!!
I went to see Dr. Pollack due to a referral from my primary doctor and I couldn't believe how rude and looked at me like I had no idea what was going on with myself even after a dozen surgeries later. Not to mention I was also in the middle of telling her of how I felt and my past history and she walked right out of the room while I was still talking. To all of you that want a great caring doctor that will listen to all of your issues and do their best to make you better, PLEASE do not go to her. Out of all the doctors I have seen in my life I have never seen one as bad as her. HORRIBLE!!! Don't trust her with your life!!!!! Wish this statement could have been different but it was a terrible experience meeting her.

January 17th, 2013
Dr. Diana Pollock- one of the best Neourologists in the area
I first met with Dr. Pollock in 2012 and have seen her several times since. I rather disagree with the negative comments above from the other patients (sometimes you need to look at yourselves and the way you treat the MD, as remember “what goes around, comes around”). I never experienced such things and, unfortunatelly, cannot back you up on your statements. I do not ask or imply that everyone who commented on Dr. Pollock are wrong, but I do want to say, we all need to think twice before we “burn a bridge” and look back at our visits and think if your expectations were simply unrealistic, because, while I can relate to multiple medical conditions, I would not take my frustration and anger at the Dr. I came for help to, and, believe me, I consider myself as a rather difficult person/patient to work with and please, but I do my “homework” and come prepared to every Doctor I see, and just because the news might not be exactly what I want to hear, but I would rather hear an honest opinion/diagnosis, even if it is bad, rather than have someone “gift-wrap” my office visit receipt. I cannot express enough my EXTREME SATISFACTION with Dr. Pollock and the way she treated me as a patient. She was able to tell me all my neurological issues and even the fact that I had an injury, such as auto accident, before I even had a chance to hand over my medical records to her or anyone at her office. I was overwhelmed by the medical knowledge and ability to diagnose me and come up with suitable treatment plans for my condition(s). I would never even consider looking for another neurologist at this time, as she is absolutely phenomenal MD and I have only come across two or three other Doctors (different field) who are as good as she is, and trust me, in the past 6 years I have seen over 30 Doctors in various fields, as sadly, I am not the healthiest person for someone in his mid-30th. Thank you Dr. Pollock for all you do!!!

September 27th, 2012
CAUTION: Don't waste money and time on this Dr.
Very rude, and in a hurry. Not willing to answer any questions. I've never had such a poor physician experience.

September 18th, 2011
Excellent Neurologist
Dr. Pollock has been my neurologist since 2001. I would never go to another neurologist.

March 24th, 2011
I saw Dr. Pollack on a referral from my hematologist, whom I respect greatly. I was never so disappointed in my life. My neurological issues are many, and she took practically no time with me. She sent me to rehab for things with which I had no problems. She refused to answer my questions. She performed labs, but failed to let me know the outcome. I had decided never to see her again after an appointment during which she was cruel to me. We were reviewing limited lab results and I didn't understand one of the items. She abruptly walked out of the exam room. She returned and thrust the pages of the labs, saying I could figure it out myself. I was crying, asking for her help in understanding. She just left me there, saying "Gotta go, gotta go."

January 31st, 2011
very unprofessional
i went to visit her because of a sleep problem. all she talk about was how heavy i am. does she not know i look at myself in the mirrow every day .she made me feel so bad that all i did was cry when i got home and got very angry i even thought i made the appointment for the sleep study down stair were she send me to get a mask that they don't lend out. i never felt so bad about my weight until i met this so call dr. i don't ever want to see her again

July 12th, 2008
Knows her stuff
Been my dr since '95, ups and downs, but she finds what the other dr's miss or don't care to look for. Tells it like it is, better or worse. Good POV on vitamins, etc. New office staff & computer systems wreaks havoc on pts.