3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Staff doesn't care show details Staff doesn't care
Mar 18th, 2015

his office manger doesn't care about people She does return calls in a timely manner. Dr said urgent care and a month later finally get what we need And they don't take cash pay

Mr. show details Mr.
by Spears, Max L. on Apr 10th, 2014

Outstanding experience. Been seeing him since 2003. I like his straight foward attitude. Always refreshing.

Thankfulness show details Thankfulness
by Winnie R. on Dec 8th, 2013

Dr. Maxwell is an excellent physician with an excellent staff! His continued treatment has enabled me to retain and maintain my vision since my diagnosis six years ago. I am able to continue my very active lifestyle and attribute this to the excellent and professional care I have received for which I am very thankful.

by Richard Trapp on Dec 7th, 2013

My experience over the past two years with Dr Maxwell and his staff has been nothing short of absolutely wonderful. I would not travel 130 miles one way to his office and back if the service was anything short of excellent. I found Dr Maxwell to be very informative and honest with a patient mannerism that I have experienced in my 73 years. Dr Maxwell answered any and all of my questions in layman terms. Dr Maxwell has an outstanding ability to communicate with his staff as well his patients. I know for a fact that Dr Maxwell's peers hold him in the highest esteem. I could not be happier with my experience at Dr Maxwell's office. I would definitely recommend Dr Maxwell to anyone.

by John on Nov 8th, 2013

I was able to get an appointment to make sure there wasnt a serious problem. Was relieved to find out there was no serious problem. Dr Maxwell was very good at reassuring me.

excellent show details excellent
by Agnes on Nov 5th, 2013

Ive been to this office several times..never has there been a problem...great service with great results !!

took me a while to realize show details took me a while to realize
by K Ledford on Aug 18th, 2013

i was quite pleased with my experience. after a couple of appointments i learned that Dr Maxwell treats mostly complicated patients ... i spoke to 2 other patients who were also referred by other eye doctors who either didnt seem to want to take care for their problem or sent them after they found out they couldnt pay for the expensive services.

Aug 18th, 2013

was treated in a total professional matter...had been referred from another ophthalmologist who couldnt care for my specific problem...Dr Maxwell took the time to explain what the other eye doctor did not.

Unsatisfactory show details Unsatisfactory
Jun 6th, 2012

The most frustrating physician interaction within memory. Arrogance is an understatement. Not listening is a gross understatement.

Doctor's Response

I certainly never mean to come off as arrogant, for that I sincerely apologize. I take patient feedback seriously and have taken your opinion to heart.

Excellent show details Excellent
Oct 1st, 2011

Somethign doesnt make sense....Dr Maxwell was the 3rd specialist I had seen. Finally someone answered my questions so I could understand them. My regular eye doctor and the specialist he recommended seemed to be interested in reporting to each other. the TRUE 2nd opinion I obtained on my own from Dr Maxwell was well worht the effort!!! Seems alot of people dont want to accept certain things that are diffucult to hear!

These reviews dont make sense! show details These reviews dont make sense!
Oct 1st, 2011

Dr Maxwell is a tertiary specialist. He DOES NOT perfrom LASIK surgery. Obviously the first reviewer is inreliable. He is a tertiary specialist specializing in treating complications of other eye surgeons. I fould out there are definite levels of expertise even with retinal specialists as i had been operated on by anthere retinal specialist who was unable to repair my retina even after 4 surgeries. Dr Maxwell reapired it after one surgery. Seems from my personal experience that these other patients did not listen or follow recommendations or they would have had an excellent result as I did!!!

WORST HEALTHCARE EXPERIENCE EVER!! show details WORST HEALTHCARE EXPERIENCE EVER!!
May 19th, 2011

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR! The staff wouldn't allow my wife and daughter to come back in the room and ask questions. A sign on the door says PATIENTS ONLY in big letters. The staff is extremely rude. When the tech called me back, my wife and daughter stood up to go back with me and the tech rudely stated (with her finger pointed at them) "Only he can come. You guys will have to wait until after the surgery." My daughter was upset and wanted to see me before my LASIK surgery so my wife took her back. The doctor screamed "Get them out of here. I won't answer any questions." My wife was confused as to why they couldn't ask any questions about the procedure. The tech said the doctor doesn't answer questions, tells his staff not to answer them and she has to do as she is told. This was extremely odd! I have never met a doctor that refused to consult with me as a patient and my family. They were beyond rude, unprofessional and pushy!

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback, however I do not perform LASIK surgeries. At this time I am unsure who you may be, but if you truly are a patient of mine, please give me a call so that we can discuss and address your concerns.

Worse Healthcare peson. show details Worse Healthcare peson.
Sep 16th, 2010

This is one of the most hateful people I have ever met. Very inhuman, money hungry and gives the least amount of service of any healthcare person I know.

Doctor's Response

Your feedback is appreciated and I am sorry for how you feel. I am not sure what I have done to lead you to feel this way about me, however it is certainly not how I want to be portrayed. I ask that you please give me a call so that we can discuss this in more detail. I cannot change what I do not know.

by Sushi Mounts on Mar 27th, 2010

Rude, arrogant, condescending, does not like to be asked questions

Doctor's Response

I am sorry that you feel that way, but thank you for your feedback, your opinion is appreciated. I take the concerns of my patients seriously and have taken your concerns to heart.