inactive

Elizabeth Traynor MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

August 15th, 2015
New neurologist
Dr Traynor recently moved back to Wisconsin and I am so grateful. I came to her because my previous neurologist was not taking my new symptoms seriously. She kept raising my Keppra and telling me I'm depressed, I have arthritis and the new spots on my brain are just the result of migraines. Dr. Traynor took a look at everything and is taking a very active approach in determining what is wrong with me. I have been diagnosed with temporal lobe epilepsy,migraines and trigeminal neuralgia but have been experiencing symptoms that are unrelated. She says that she will figure out what is wrong with me to decide what the proper treatment is. On top of it, she was concerned that my dose of Keppra was too high and she was correct. After testing my levels, they were more than double what they should be. I'm looking forward to being her patient and getting my health back in order.

August 12th, 2015
Dissapointed
Dr. Traynor up and left, permanently closed her office without any kind of notice to her loyal patients and or colleagues. I called to make an appointment since I am out of migraine medication and my prescription has expired. Now I have to schedule an appointment with my primary to get a referral for a new doctor. In the meantime, I suffer from migraines and will be without meds. Way to go Dr. Traynor, how unprofessional of you to up and leave without notice or referral to another colleague. Although she did take her time to listen to the patient, she was never on time was a bit aggressive.

March 30th, 2015
Very Rude condescending Dr. She Was accusatory of me lying about my rare and unusual diagnosis. I went back to her again thinking she may have just had a bad day. She was equally as rude. My new neurologist was shocked at the medicine she put me on, as it is not a proper one for my condition and is potentally a hazard to my health. I didn't compain, just changed Drs and I am glad I did!

February 4th, 2013
retired teacher
After I struck my head on a door and doorframe at a restaurant I began sleeping excessively and had diificulty concentrating. There were some other neurological symptoms as well. Dr. Traynor really listened to me. She performed tests to evaulate the injuries and presented an accurate diagnosis. She also referred me to an excellent physical therapist who has been instrumental in my treatment.

January 22nd, 2013
One of the best doctors in Orange County
Dr. Traynor is an excellent doctor. She has been seeing my mother for a year for lewy body dementia and I am continually impressed with the quality and throughness of her examination. She takes the time to listen to my mother's concerns when other's would be frustrated at her struggles to get the correct word. I am a veterinarian and a pretty strict judge MDs, and I have to say...this is a great doctor. You may have to wait a few minutes in the lobby, but she will spend that time in the exam room.

January 17th, 2012
I am very satisfied with the care Dr. Traynor has given me in the 3 years since she became my neurologist. She is very thorough and takes time to explain all questions. I also am very pleased with the quick response and attention I receive from her nurse, Roxanna.The only thing I would suggest is that when they aren't in the office (lunch break) that an answering service pick up or at least have voice mail. I recently called (@1:30 p.m.)and it wrang forever without going to voice mail I am only to assume they are at lunch or closed for the day??

January 5th, 2012
Spent quality time diagnosing problem. Very professional doctor and staff. Clean office. Honestly, one of the best doctors seen in a long time.

October 17th, 2011
Great Neurologist!
Dr. Traynor has been my Neurologist since 2002. I was very impressed with her evaluation and how thorough she was/is. She makes me feel comfortable in talking to her, and I feel I can be totally honest with her and don't leave anything out regarding the medical symptoms I have. She always runs the appropriate tests. Then upon the test results coming back she is really good at explaining what is going on. She has a very nice personality, and it shows how much she cares about her patients! I would recommend her to anyone that needs to see a great Neurologist!

July 28th, 2011
Terrible personality and no professionalism
I had 2 visits with my father who was diagnosed with MCI. My father told her I was his daughter and the one who would be caring for him if something happened. She ignored me both visits not even saying hello or asking me any questions. Then when I asked her to reassess my father a year later, her nurse told me since I was not WITH him during his visit (I live 3 hours away and could not take off of work so I had his caregiver sit in for me, this was prearranged with her office) her policy is not to call me with the results. I have to consider placing him in assisted living and her nurse refused to understand my situation, saying she does not call if you are not there. THis is outrageous and terribly UNPROFESSIONAL. I am reporting her for endangering my father by not providing me, his medical power of attorney, information necessary to make a difficult decision. ANd of course dad doesn't remember...

December 20th, 2010
Dr Traynor is the most comprehensive doctor I have ever been too. She treats you like a person not a customer.

December 15th, 2010
Dr. Traynor listens and hears what you say about your symptoms. I trust her completely. And thank her for her understanding and help.

February 19th, 2010
Leaving me feeling terrible
I have been very happy with you since I first was reffered to you 2007. Now, I am very frustrated with you. you have provided me with medications since 2007, meds there are addicted and now suddenly you stop without giving me an explanation? The worst thing is that I am now on vacation in Sweden without my medication!! I went here for my daughter is being honored at the University she is attending and I am feeling terrible, its been 2 days now that I have not taking any meds and been up all night and day because my RLS and side effects. I feel like I been runned over by a truck and will not be able to attend the dinner that is held in her honor. Is this the way you treat your patients? I thought you were going to refill the 18th but my husbund called the pharmacy and you had not called in a refill. He was suppose to pick them up and send them to me so I at least could enjoy some of my stay with my daughter. I am so sad this is happening and its because of you.