Ophthalmologist (eyes)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Very rushed, abrupt, curt  |  show details
by D. on Aug 29th, 2013

This doctor and another colleague at the same practice are not all that good with kids. They're very rushed, abrupt, and don't listen when the child speaks. The practice is discriminatory against religious beliefs other than Christian--there were superstitious religious placards on the walls of the exam rooms offering the opportunity for Christians only to pray with the doctors, but no such opportunity for Jews, Muslims, Sihks, Hindus, Native Americans, Universalists, or others. Extremely ethnocentric. His diagnosis was accurate, but I found another doctor, albeit 50 miles away, that is accurate, good with kids, AND embraces diversity.

|  My visit  |  show details
Apr 19th, 2013

I don't even know where to start regarding my visit with dr Packwood. I scheduled and appointment with dr packwood because my daughter's eye kinda wandered in like a lazy eye. My daughters pediatrician suggested I just patch it up because it was nothing major but as a concerned mother I took it upon myself to get an opinion from an eye specialist. I only visited dr packwood once and that is all it took to know that i will NEVER be back.The total visit took about 2 hrs but time wasn't an issue for me since I did notice they had A LOT of patients. After the eye tests Dr packwood finally came back to our room and said he was prescribing my daughter glasses and that he wanted to put her under anesthesia for an MRI. I began to question if both were really necessary and why. He became very upset with me for asking questions and told me these exact words "if you go to another dr and they don't recommend what I recommended to you they are incompetent and shouldn't be a dr and if you don't trust me then I can't be your daughters dr." I explained to him the reasons for him wanting an MRI we unnecessary. Dr packwood told me my daughter might be overweight or underweight and might not develop properly ie might be delayed if he didn't do the MRI. I clearly told him according to the pediatrician my daughter was very healthy and ahead for her age. Dr packwood was very upset that I was questioning his order for an MRI. He instructed me to go to the checkout receptionist who again was very pushy on trying to get me to schedule and MRI with them and i told her very firmly i was not going to have an mri done.I visited dr packwood in the Fort Worth office and to their convenience they have an optical upstairs and yes they try very hard to get you to buy glasses from them. Moving forward I checked out paid my balance and left. A couple days later I received a voicemail from the office manager requesting I call back to schedule the MRI I ignored the call since I thought I had made myself clear on the date of the visit. To my surprise I received more phone calls but in these messages the manager was threatening to report me to cps for neglect to my daughter. I could not believe they were actually threatening me so I followed up with my pediatrician who reassured me my daughter was not at risk and to ignore them. The last call I received the manager stated that if I didn't call her back she would report me that day. I finally called and told her I was going to follow up with a different dr because dr packwood himself told me he couldn't be my daughters dr if I didn't trust him. She went on to tell me I didn't have a choice on the MRI and insisted I schedule it. I told her we will never ever be back there and explained to her that I do have a choice on which dr my daughter sees. I told her to never call me again and if she wanted to report me to go ahead and do it and if she had any concerns to call my daughters pediatrician. I have all voicemails and the call recording. A patient shouldn't be treated the way we were treated just wanted to give anyone who was considering visiting dr packwood a heads up. God bless

|  Opthamologist Dr. Packwood...I do NOT Recommend  |  show details
by Southlake TX Opthamologist Review on Feb 7th, 2013

Dr. Packwood's true colors showed when he made some very poor choices in communicating with my wife during our daughter's last visit. Our daughter has a very serious muscle condition, and Dr. Packwood accused my wife of missing multiple appointments, which she did (and he subsequently verified later,) and also that "if she was not going to give our daughter proper care, then he could be sued and we would affect his ability to feed his family, etc" This guy's ego is unbelievable, and I had to make sure others know what he is really like. See the other reviews as well. Dr. Packwood's arrogance and condescending nature will come out if the right situation arises. Although Opthamologist in Southlake, TX, Dr. Packwood, is a knowledgeable Opthamologist, he made some very inappropriate and unnecessary comments to my wife and child during our last visit. When I asked to speak with Dr. Packwood, he called me back promptly. However, when I attempted to tell him about my wife's experience, he interrupted me frequently and was very condescending. He said specifically, "I do not control your wife's emotions and am not responsible for her feeling unhappy," that "I don't need your opinions to be a better Doctor," and that "I will be just fine" when I had mentioned to him that I am likely to tell others about our incredibly poor experience with Dr. Packwood and his disregard for our feedback. Futher, when I told him I would rate him poorly on this site, he stated "That will be FANTASTIC." This just proves how arrogant and disrespectful he is. Do you really want him to take care of your child? We don't and are heading to another opthamologist in Southlake.

Dec 29th, 2011

I love dr pack wood. He just done my kid surgery this week. I don't see him very often in the office but when I do see him he answers my questions.

|  Very disappointed  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2011

Doctor Packwood barely spent 2 minutes with my child despite being the first visit. He gave me a diagnosis without explanations. I felt I had no chance to digest the information and ask questions. He made me feel like I was wasting his time.

|  Mixed Review  |  show details
Sep 1st, 2011

We have three children from 5 to 14 who have been patients of Dr. Packwood. There is no question that he is more than qualified. What has happened I believe is that the quality of care has greatly diminished because they see way too many patients and as a result, they miss details. They are also very pushy recommending their own glasses and products in their eye center. He used to be four star, now 2 to 2.5

|  Awful experience. I would never recommend this doctor to any one!!  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

Dr. Packwood & his staff were inefficient and condescending to me & my child. He never even acknowledge that she was in the room & seemed annoyed when she asked questions. Eric & his assistants were shockingly derogatory towards our previous doctors even after admitting he did not have her charts but he was sure they were negligent. As an educated RN who has worked on some of the countries most renown Neonatal ICU's I was extremely disappointed. His colleges that recommended him give him far too much credit! I will never go back nor would I recommend him.

Aug 7th, 2011

i have been going to dr. packwood for 11 years now and my vision is really improving ive had glasses scince i was 2 and am 13 now. when i first came in i was almost completely blind in my left eye from lazy eye and had astigmatism in both eyes

Nov 9th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Dr. Packwood is really great. When my son was three, Dr. Packwood performed surgery to remove cataracts from both of my son's eyes. It was a success. He's been his patient ever since.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com