inactive

Henry Calas MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

July 15th, 2016
Spent the time needed for all my questions and concerns, I didn't feel RUSHED ! Actually saw and had the Doctor himself review everything with me personally .
Explained everything in terms I could understand, addressed all of my concerns and I didn't feel like I was just another assembly line # & NEXT ! Not with this doctor..... So he's worth the 30 min Wait .

February 23rd, 2016
Staff is pleasant

September 6th, 2015
Misdiagnosis, Mismanaged Office and Poor Care
Very poorly run office, extremely unorganized. Medical files are lying all over the office - on the floor, on desks and not one staff member is trained administratively or medically. My husband was misdiagnosed by Dr. Calas and he is a doctor that doesn't seem to care about his patients or about being a doctor. There are many good doctors available and we are so unhappy that we went to him as long as we did.

June 16th, 2015
Run, Don't Walk to Another Doctor
Terribly unorganized and unprofessional office. When you call and tell the receptionist Meghan you have an emergency that you need to see or talk to the doctor about she responds "go to the emergency room", even though it is an established patient. Office opens at 9 a.m. but is never open at 9 a.m. Doctor keeps patients waiting hours and then jokes about it when he comes in for the appointment. Is very quick to prescribe meds and then say "Call me to report your results". After calling every day for a week and leaving multiple messages for the doctor to call, guess what? That's right, no return phone call. When an Alzheimer's patient can't do what the doctor is asking Dr. Calas speaks harshly and belittles the patient. Just what an Alzheimer's patient needs! He will have you come to the office every 3 months if you let him and leaves the patient and the family thinking he is just about the money and not the patient. Should not be practicing and should hire some professional help to run the office. If I could rate less than 1 star I would!

December 13th, 2014
incompetent
He totally misdiagnosed me and also a friend's husband. We both have Parkinson's. He gave me antidepressants and sent the husband to a psychiatrist.

May 16th, 2014
Retired self-employed hairdresser
Dr Calas is the first doctor within the last five years of my illnesses, who has demonstrated such compassion, understanding and comfort in diagnosing my pain in just one visit. As of that date, he has prescribed medications that have helped me live a more normal life and as comfortable as possible.

February 23rd, 2014
terrible doesnt deserve one star
this Doctor has been messing my partner around for a year, all we need is a maximum medical improvement report, and this doctor cant get it done, the staff make excuse after excuse. his notes are almost laughable, not even a narrative. If you ever need your notes or a report from this doctor then forget it, this is his JOB and he cant get it done, I am so fed up with him, dont waste your time and money. I am not unhappy because he cant make her better, i am unhappy because their business parctice is terrible and he cannot get simple reports done, my partner may lose a large settlement because he wont do his job!! his staff constantly lie on the phone and promise to get things done yet dont come through for you

March 13th, 2013
Issued Prescription but Failed to Follow Up on Receipt of Script
This Doctor's office is terribly mismanaged. I was issued a Brand name prescription due to my not responding to the generic. Insurance required a preathorization form be completed by doctor. I was in contact with the doctor's office and my insurance company concerning this matter for 2 weeks. I was continually told by the doctor's office that they were working on the form. Finally due to no response from the doctor's office my insurance company sent back the script....now I am without my maintenance drug for my RLS...not a good thing. This doctor's office is a failure and I would not recommend it to anyone.

October 2nd, 2012
great docsmart, user friendly, solves problems fastcb

September 5th, 2012
Dr. Calas is willing to spend as much time as needed explaining everything to me. Because he does not rush you out, I think it keeps others waiting for their appointments, but definitely worth the trade-off. I would highly recommned him to others.

January 9th, 2012
Dr Calas is an amazing neurologist. He is kind and caring, treatind patients like he would his own family. He was a God-send during my fathers illness and ultimate death. He is now treating me and I could not be more satisfied!

June 22nd, 2011
Went to him for 4 years. He had me on dozens of different meds. Told me I did not have MS but I do. I had numbness on my entire right side and was told I could not get in to see him for 6 weeks. His staff seemed very disorganized and unproffesional.