Dr. James Kanellakos MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Morristown, NJ

March 29th, 2017
Outstanding for hip surgery
I was seeing another doctor for my osteoarthritis in this practice for years, but when it came time for surgery, I was moved over to Dr. Kanellakos, who specializes in hip surgery (I had an anterior). I can’t recommend Dr. K highly enough. He is thoroughly professional, uses the latest techniques and tools, is extremely patient with questions, answers them in understandable language, and the outcome of the surgery itself has been truly amazing. I experienced very little pain while in recovery (I used only Tylenol for about a week and a half), and his team, both in and out of the hospital, were very approachable and helpful. It was my first-ever surgery and if I had to do the other hip, I wouldn’t hesitate to go right back to him.

December 21st, 2016
hip replacement
I have a wonderful normal hip thanks to Dr. Kanellakos! I am very pleased with his work.

November 8th, 2016
Had a total knee replacement and couldn't be more happier! Great doctor. Good with explanations and ease in answering my questions in ways I could understand. Office staff is very friendly. Easy to make appointments, quick to return phone calls and wait in office isn't too bad!

October 5th, 2016
Bilateral Hip Surgery
I had excellent results from the surgery and the PT afterwards, after approx 3 months moved the clock back three or more years in terms of walking, climbing stairs etc.

September 16th, 2016
Extremely pleased
From the very first appointment, I was very comfortable with Dr. Kanellakos, found him and his staff friendly and easy to talk to and was totally confident in his capabilities.

June 16th, 2016
Dr. Kenellakos and Summit Medical Group Staff
I had a total hip replacement done by Dr. Kenellakos. From the first day that I saw him in the office throughout the entire process I was impressed with with him and the entire staff. Dr. K was attentive to my needs and did not rush me through the many questions I had. I received a phone call from him personally 3 days prior to surgery to ask if I had any further questions or concerns and again he was attentive and patient with my numerous questions. Some of which I am sure were repetitive. Dr. K and his staff follow up thoroughly and when I or anyone attending to me has called the office, they received a return call with answers within an hour. I experienced little to no pain after surgery and my arthritic pain is completely gone. This is an excellent staff and Dr. K is an amazing surgeon. I feel I couldn't be in better hands. Thanks for giving me my pain free walking back Dr. K and staff.

May 23rd, 2016
Pleased & Thankful!
The best doctor I experienced in the 7 years that I suffered with hip pain! Dr. Kanellakos is calm, kind, attentive and he did an excellent job replacing my hip. He gave me a new hip, a new lease on life and I am so incredibly pleased and thankful!

May 17th, 2016
Dr. Kanellakos and his staff at the Randolph.NJ facility have always been complete professionals in every aspect of any of my visits, Dr. K has a very good demeanor and explains everything completely, His visits following hip surgery were especially helpful and appreciated. The office staff are also always friendly and professional.

June 4th, 2015
RUDE STAFF
The office staff is rude. I don't know if Dr. Knows wish he finds out from this. Keeps track of your own referrals if you have to have to have them with your insurance. My other always let me know and I have quite a few. NOT HERE l did not know this so the VERY RUDE office manager charged me for a visit. I still didn't pay it.

September 17th, 2014
Not for foot/ankle injuries!
I went to this dr after an emergency room visit following a bike riding accident. The ER dr saw a fracture and suggested I see an orthopedic surgeon ASAP. I found this dr and made an appt that day. Went to appt told dr what happened, hospital I had been at and symptoms. He reviewed X-rays and told it was just a sprain prescribed meds and follow two weeks. Two weeks later still in a lot of pain, a lot of swelling and significant limp. Described pain and symptoms to dr and while he did take a reg X-ray told just a sprain and it would take sometime to feel better. At this point I knew it was more than just a bad sprain and went to a foot and ankle Specialist. The new dr agreed if it was just a foot sprain it Would feel better. Took weight bearing X-rays and sent me for cat scan and MRI. Turns out I had a lisfranc fracture of first and second metatarsal as well as ligament rupture which doesn't present on standard X-ray. I presented with all classic signs of lisfranc fracture including swelling, inability to bear weight and bruising on bottom of foot. I am not one to complain about every little thing but feel this dr did not take complaints seriously and spent time I didn't have to in pain and also trying to toughen up and deal with an injury that was overlooked. So while I should have been non weight bearing I should have had surgery and non weight wearing win a cast. This dr told me to walk on the heel and go to PT. He may be a good dr for certain injuries, I will never go back or refer another to this practice.

November 12th, 2013
GREAT!
I had a serious car accident one year ago, breaking many bones from the waist down. I was fortunate enough to have Dr. Kanellakos on call when I was Medivac-ed to the ER at Morristown Memorial. My operation lasted about 6 and a half hours. Without his skills I would not be walking today. He was always kind and explained things well to both myself and my family. I never had to wait very long in reception for appointments, never felt rushed and he was always very thorough and answered all my questions so I felt completely confident with his diagnosis and recommendations every time. The staff at the Ortho Group were always polite and professional. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Kanellakos - God bless them all!

November 11th, 2013
Total Hip
Dr. K was everything I was looking for in an Orthopedic Surgeon. He made an accurate diagnosis, explained my options and the consequences of each. His office staff was very helpful in navigating through all the insurance issues before and after my surgery. The actual operation and hospital experience went better than I had expected, and I was up and back in my office in 2 1/2 weeks later. I'm six months down the line now and have my life back completely! Would not hesitate at all to use Dr K. and the Orthopedic Group again if ever needed