Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Terrific Surgeon  |  show details
by Janice Samter on Oct 14th, 2014

Dr. Kanellakos replaced my right hip on June 2, 2014. From just about being able to walk at that time, in 2 short months I was driving and now I can walk 32 NYC blocks and climb the 72 steps to our 5th floor walk up in the Village with no problems. He is an amazing doctor and I will return when my left hip goes.

|  Not for foot/ankle injuries!  |  show details
by Marylynn on Sep 17th, 2014

I went to this dr after an emergency room visit following a bike riding accident. The ER dr saw a fracture and suggested I see an orthopedic surgeon ASAP. I found this dr and made an appt that day. Went to appt told dr what happened, hospital I had been at and symptoms. He reviewed X-rays and told it was just a sprain prescribed meds and follow two weeks. Two weeks later still in a lot of pain, a lot of swelling and significant limp. Described pain and symptoms to dr and while he did take a reg X-ray told just a sprain and it would take sometime to feel better. At this point I knew it was more than just a bad sprain and went to a foot and ankle Specialist. The new dr agreed if it was just a foot sprain it Would feel better. Took weight bearing X-rays and sent me for cat scan and MRI. Turns out I had a lisfranc fracture of first and second metatarsal as well as ligament rupture which doesn't present on standard X-ray. I presented with all classic signs of lisfranc fracture including swelling, inability to bear weight and bruising on bottom of foot. I am not one to complain about every little thing but feel this dr did not take complaints seriously and spent time I didn't have to in pain and also trying to toughen up and deal with an injury that was overlooked. So while I should have been non weight bearing I should have had surgery and non weight wearing win a cast. This dr told me to walk on the heel and go to PT. He may be a good dr for certain injuries, I will never go back or refer another to this practice.

|  show details
by Patricia Shoukry on Jun 27th, 2014

I fell and broke my distal femur on my way to work. I had surgery in NYC, but the bone was badly shattered and did not heal. I live in Morris County and fortunately found Dr. Kanellakos who performed a bone graft, taking bone from my hip and grafting on to my leg. The reason for my fall was due to the need for a knee replacement and a couple of years later, Dr. Kanellakos performed that surgery for me also. If it were not for this doctor, I may never have walked again. I'm now walking well and I highly recommend him to everyone.

|  Best Choice in Morris County, NJ for Bilateral TKR  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2014

Dr. Kanellakos performed my bilateral knee replacements in July 2013. From the initial pre-op appointment to my most recent follow up appointment, I have only good things to say. He did a wonderful job on my surgery, in handling my pain, and encouraging me every step of the way. I am thrilled with the results thus far- I have regained motion I never thought I would- and my arthritic knee pain is gone!

|  GREAT!  |  show details
by Lulu G. on Nov 12th, 2013

I had a serious car accident one year ago, breaking many bones from the waist down. I was fortunate enough to have Dr. Kanellakos on call when I was Medivac-ed to the ER at Morristown Memorial. My operation lasted about 6 and a half hours. Without his skills I would not be walking today. He was always kind and explained things well to both myself and my family. I never had to wait very long in reception for appointments, never felt rushed and he was always very thorough and answered all my questions so I felt completely confident with his diagnosis and recommendations every time. The staff at the Ortho Group were always polite and professional. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Kanellakos - God bless them all!

|  Total Hip  |  show details
by Joe Miceli on Nov 11th, 2013

Dr. K was everything I was looking for in an Orthopedic Surgeon. He made an accurate diagnosis, explained my options and the consequences of each. His office staff was very helpful in navigating through all the insurance issues before and after my surgery. The actual operation and hospital experience went better than I had expected, and I was up and back in my office in 2 1/2 weeks later. I'm six months down the line now and have my life back completely! Would not hesitate at all to use Dr K. and the Orthopedic Group again if ever needed

|  Second Opinion for the first time, ever.  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2013

The first time I made an appointment with this doctor his receptionist required that I discuss only one part of my anatomy with him. I got to the office and this admonition was repeated. When I told the attending nurse I needed my feet examined (both of which were in pain) she asked me to specify only one. Then the xray technician was happy to have me stand barefooted on the cold xray room floor. She expressed real impatience when I asked to go put on my socks. I got the feeling that they wanted me out of there as quickly as possible and that I got shut up treatment. I may be misguided about my next observation but they took none of my vitals. That was a first time experience to go to a doctor and not have my vitals checked. The staff was polite but that was not enough. The establishment failed to inspire my confidence. For the first time in my experience with doctors, I feel under served. That's why I am going for a second opinion.

|  show details
Jun 27th, 2013

Rude and abrupt. I have a fractured ankle and I have been to 3 visits so far. He spent less than 3 minutes with me each time. I am presently looking for someone else to treat this fracture. I cannot recommend him.he is a walking attitude.

|  EXCELLANT SURGEON  |  show details
by Charlene Ann Troast on Apr 10th, 2013

I can not thank Dr. Kanellakos for all that he has done for my total hip replacement. Dr. Kanellekos is an excellant surgeon and has a fantastic bedside manner. Before my surgery I was unable to walk without holding on to things. After my surgery I got my life back and had the best care. I would highly recommend Dr. Kanellekos.

|  Great Doctor - Great Result  |  show details
by Deborah Downes on Mar 18th, 2013

Dr. Kanellakos did my ACL repair surgery last year and yesterday I was able to ski again. I don't normally do reviews, but he was wonderful, efficient and kind. I am a walking - skiing example of his excellent work.

|  Dr is very unprofessional and rude  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

I initially went to Dr Kanellakos with a pain I was getting on my thigh, at that time I didnt have insurance but I still paid out of pocket because I heard he was a good Orthopaedic Surgeon but he just prescribed me some pain killers and suggested MRI and therapy. After I got insurance, I went to a different Orthopaedic doc for a second opinion followed by visits to neurologists, spine specialists etc. I went back to Dr, K for another visit b'coz I was still having pain on my leg but as soon as Dr. K walked into the room, he asked me whether I visited another doc and basically told me to go to therapy and he cant do nothing for me. I dont know why he was being so unprofessional and rude, not sure if by going to another doc I hurt his ego or what. I was the one living with the pain and needed to know from someone whats causing this! Thanks but no thanks for helping me Dr. Kanellakos.I usually dont take the time to write reviews but I just wanted to share this experience with others.

|  Great doctor!  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2009

Dr. Kanellakos is a very personable and caring doctor who explains all the details associated with your injury. Great with kids!