Dr. Jeffrey Martin MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 24th, 2017
Highly skilled and thorough
I was confident in Dr. Martin's ability to handle my RA while doing a knee replacement.

September 4th, 2016
Experience at office
First visit seen Dr Martin things went great. Follow up appointment not good at all. He never came into the room instead sent the PA in who was rude, and treated my elbow fracture like a business venture convincing me to use their office for physical therapy. Appt's are very hard to get, the staff does not want to answer questions and the doctor never comes to the room to speak even though I requested to speak to him. If you dont mind being pushed through an office like cattle headed to the slaughter house this is an office for you. If you prefer good medical care by a professional seek a different office.

May 19th, 2016
Dr. Martin spent five minutes with me after having waited over well over an hour for him. He had me touch my toes facing him (even though my issue is my spine) and standing on my tip toes- that was his entire exam. He never even looked at my spine or listened to a word I said. This is the type of Dr who just wants to check the box and move along. HE DOES NOT LISTEN TO HIS PATIENTS. I am a very physically fit person as my job requires it and he told me to strengthen my core and start exercising, but never even asked about my exercise regiment that I already have in place. This must be his standard answer as I saw another person posted the same thing. I will definitely not be back and will be seeking a second opinion elsewhere.

September 8th, 2015
Excellent
I was a new patient of Dr. Martin's today. I was seen by the nurse, had x-rays, saw Dr. Martin, treated for my injury and was out of there a half hour after I arrived. I don't know if this is the norm but I loved it. Nothing frustrates me more than doctors who are disrespectful of their patients' time.

July 15th, 2014
Not a thorough Doctor
Dr Martin saw me for about 6 minutes after I waited over 2 hours to see him and that was with a scheduled appointment. They took some x-rays first. He told me nothing was wrong with me except I need to lose weight and quit smoking. I have gained weight because I have so much pain in my knees and back that I can't do much of anything. I have years of history and doctors that he could have ordered and looked at but he did not. He made a very quick decision without being thorough and looking at my history. He does not hear well or show any compassion at all. I would not recommend him to anyone that is in serious pain and needs help. Find another doctor.

December 30th, 2013
Outstanding dr. Always explains findings and recommendations and answers all questions. Have been going to him for several years for various sports injuries and have never been disappointed.

July 4th, 2013
I had pain in both knees. My primary care doctor thought I should try braces and pain medication. I requested a referral to an orthopedic doctor. Dr. Martin examined the knees and took X-rays. He said that I had bad osteoarthritis in both knees. He said that braces and/or medication might help but I would probably need surgery eventually. Since I am not getting any younger (75) and my knees are not going to get any better (probably get worse), I opted for total knee replacement surgery. I had the right knee done about 4 months ago and the knee is doing very well (although the rehab was no fun). I am happy with the outcome and expect to have the left knee replaced in another couple of months. Although I saw more of his staff (including his physician assistant) than I did of Dr. Martin, I was treated well by everyone (they all had good "bedside" manner).

August 28th, 2012
Very Good Doctor
I had surgery on my knee by Dr Jeffrey Martin . That was 16 months ago and my knee is still feeling great.

April 17th, 2012
Worse bedside manner I habe ever witnessed by a Doctor
Was very quick and told me I could not possibly have the injury I was diagnosed with and sent to him for. It was visibly noticeable by my pcp that I had excessive swelling and that my shoulder was out if place. He basically called myself and my pcp liats befote even per forming any tests.

September 18th, 2011
Dr Martin seemed to be very astute at first but as time went by he got a bit distant & was more in tune with closing my WC case rather than trying to seek a much needed remedy !

June 29th, 2011
Dr. Martin is patient and sympathetic to your pain. He actually takes time to listen to you. All of the staff is friendly and professional. I have been to the office on Mason Avenue and Twin Lakes office and found both locations rxceeded my expectations.

July 31st, 2009
Failed to diagnose life threatening problem, which doc in Jacksonville recognized immediately.The office is nothing short of a mill, and the staff only cares about how much insurance you carry and they do their best to use all of it.