Urologists
Video profile
4143 Hylan Blvd
Staten Island, NY 10308
718-233-1300
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  patient  |  show details
by gloria on Jul 21st, 2014

this office is not user-friendly - I had recurring UTI - When this occurred, the Doctor did not have office hours - So I would always go to my GP - then follow up w/Dr Sherman - This went on for two years - I would see Dr Sherman after the infection cleared up (actually his office assistant - almost never saw him) - So it was a "free" visit for him - since there was really nothing wrong . with me - After this going on for a long time, I was told by Dr Sherman - don't go to your GP - Take a urine sample to Quest and the Doctor Sherman will call in the antibiotic prescripton I need - Fair? So I woke up suffering with the urgent symptoms of UTI and took my urine specimen to the lab and called the office for the prescripton that was promised to me. I was told he is going on vacation and cannot see anyone - Furious, I went to my GP and got the needed prescripton. I called Dr Sherman's office to complain and was told to come in - but it was too late - I had my prescripton - Needless to say I never saw him again -

|  Dr. Biopsy  |  show details
by Patient on Jun 28th, 2014

As a patient of Dr Sherman, it is not surprising to read the reviews about him. Dr Sherman is very arogant and unprofessional. He doesn't like to be questioned. He avoids giving direct answers.When asked a question his tone of voice and demeanor change immediately. In my experience with him, he likes to play psychological games by putting fear in your mind. If you don't comply to his treatment he says you may end up with something else. At one point he gave me an appointment for a urine test, next thing I knew he had me on a stretcher with wires on my privates. Never mentioned the urine test. Dr Sherman likes to mislead patients by scheduling a particular test and then performing another one. His staff is unprofessional, rude and lack patient care services. Their poor communication skills lack compassion. I would not recommend this doctor.

|  show details
by daughter of a former patient on Feb 24th, 2014

I am glad to see other people feel the same way - his office staff is horrible, he is arrogant and has not regard for anyone. My sister was told by him directly if you don't like the way i run my office then find another doctor. He makes you go in for the visit wheher your results are good or bad. He makes a statement saying "things don't look good". So you get sent for a biopsy and then when the entire family goes in for the results, he says, "good news-everything is fine". Several times this happened to us. It's terrible to put an older person through something like that.

|  billing  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2013

This office is horrible with their billing department. It took me over 4 months to receive a bill after calling on a weekly basis. I only recd the 15 bills after speaking directly to the dr sherman. but prior to that i recd a letter telling me that i will be put in collection and that i am been ignoring there bills. I called them flipping out explaining that I have to been calling to try to pay the payment due. So then I get a certified letter TELLING ME to pay them 1/2 of what I owe them before my next appt. Then they picked how much I would have to pay on a monthly basis to catch up. FYI. I would have been paying them since the beginning of my visits but didn't receive any bills from them. I will never go back to this office.. Since I've been in billing for many years when I worked , I don;t understand why I had to make over 50 calls just to try to pay them... Also on my husbands last visit he fainted and they let him drive home without contacting me ... The following day there reason was I quote"""" he said not to call anyone" so I asked him if he said that and he said.. I dont know what I said cause I fainted. My suggestion is pick another dr....

|  Bad experience!  |  show details
May 9th, 2013

This doctors office is horrible! I had to wait 4 weeks for an appointment with blood in my urine. Couldn't sleep nights waiting. Come to doctor 20 min late, cause babysitter came late and they cancel my appointment! I waited a month to see this doctor! How could they do that! Absolutely no compassion. They are on there high horse and really dont care about there patients. Please dont choose this doctor!

|  What you think?  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2013

X patient. Was with this doctor for years. Lost my GOOD insurance, got medicate, no more patient. How sad is this? So doctor only for big $$$$$$$

|  Nightmare  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

I had a hx of kidney stones. I went to this doctor for the first time. I had no pain, no symptoms. I was just following up. He insisted that I needed lithotripsy as a preventive measure for future kidney issues. I trust him and followed through. Procedure was "suppose" to be 1 hr. I woke up 4 hours later and had to be put in ICU. Something went wrong in the procedure and I ended up having to go through a 4 hour heart surgery. Upon seeing him, he pretended he had no idea that something went wrong, when in fact a nurse came to see me and told me otherwise. When I followed up with him, I was scooted in and out of his office faster than lightening. He did not allow anyone else to interact with me besides him. He is arrogant and uncaring. He covered up his end and could care less that he left a young mom of two with a heart condition.

|  show details
Sep 15th, 2010

Dr. Sherman is a caring, honest professional. He is easy to communicate with and spends the time you need to get the information you need for your problem.