A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Downs:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Downs is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Downs, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Downs graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Downs has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Medical Center Inc
- Franklin Square Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Downs accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Priority Partners - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- CareFirst - 6 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan