A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Downs:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Downs is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Downs
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Downs Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Downs, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Breast Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Downs graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse.
Dr. Downs has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Franklin Square Hospital
- Greater Baltimore Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John Christopher Downs MD is a male Internist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. John C. Downs practice?
- Dr. John Downs has 5 office locations.
Dr. John Downs practices Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology near Lutherville Timonium, MD.
Additional practice locations include: Towson, MD and Parkville, MD.
See Lutherville Timonium Internists and Lutherville Timonium Oncologists.