A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. John Dowdle:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. John Dowdle is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Dowdle
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Dowdle Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. John Dowdle, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Dowdle graduated from The University of Texas Southwestern, Dallas. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Dowdle has 17 hospital affiliations:
- Stamford Hospital
- NY Westchester Square Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. John D Dowdle MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 24 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand.
- Where does Dr. John D. Dowdle practice?
- Dr. John Dowdle has 7 office locations.
Dr. John Dowdle practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Hand, and Surgery of the Hand near Bronx, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Stamford, CT and New York, NY.
See Bronx Surgeons.